Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:soapbox: Yesterday my husband and I walked the dogs but were not allowed on River St. because of the number of people already down there(For St. Patrick's Day). As we were walking on Bay St. right beside City Hall an American Bulldog got loose from it's moronic owner:*******: and came charging at Gaston. Luckily I was able to stay between he and the dog, not an easy task because Gaston knew this dog was up to no good and he was p-----! The owner finally got the dog and told me "he was tied up" to which I replied "NOT VERY WELL"!!!! Also Roxy wanted in on the fun!!! :boxing3: Could ya'll imagine all the bad publicity had this escalated! I can just see it now "Bad Doberman attacks Bulldog in front of City Hall with record crowds of people near by"!:let_it_al. There was a policeman not 30 feet away that I know saw the entire incident because he was looking straight at us as I was getting the h--- away from that area with those idiots and their"tied up dog"! To add insult to injury a friend called last night and told me about his dog getting attacked Wed. night and a friends Whippet puppy got jumped on Thur. and do you know it was the same group of people and the same vicinity. Well I have a close friend whose husband is our City Manager and you can bet your sweet a-- that I called and spoke to him about this. I was just going to blow this off(because I run into stupid people with dogs all the time) until my friend called and was telling me about what happened to him and our friend with the puppy. When we realized that all of us had been "attacked" by the same group of "skuzzy" people with their 3(2 pits and 1 amer. bulldog) that something had to be done. Just think these same people have been hanging out in this area for the last 3 days and today our parade will be passing right by them with millions of people in town for the parade and entire weekend!!!! Sorry for the rant but I just had to get it off my chest!!!:mad: :BoomSmili :*******:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Something has to be done with irresponsible people like this before someone or someone's dog gets seriously injured or killed.

In this day and age, it doesn't amaze me one bit on how much lack of common sense or care people have these days.

I almost guarantee you that these people are going to play the "poor victims" in this whole thing. They're going to cry that they're not able to exercise their rights as citizens...

Now I'll jump off of my soapbox... ;^)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I think we all would have done the same thing of getting in between our dogs and one coming on at a dead run, but please be careful doing that (all the animal pros say NEVER do it - but, hey, they're our kids). you could wind up getting badly hurt protecting your doberbaby. I'm glad you called about these folks. it could be a total train wreck during the parade.....

cc

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Sad fact of life is that for every good dog owner there are probably two bad dog owners,at least Gaston and Roxy kept their noses clean, one up to Dobiekind i think.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
If you think their dogs are less than a joy to have around, wait until you meet their children. Sad thing is that jerks like this tend to breed like rabbits....

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
BTW - that police officer should have done his duty and either approached the owners and given them a ticket or called animal control.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
He would have had to call animal control, he couldn't give them a ticket as it would be a civil matter. Animal control could take the dog because we(my friends and I)would have let them know that these dog/dogs have gone after 3 dogs/in the last 3 days and it would be listed as a viscious dog and if you own a "viscious" dogs you have to be able to "control" it or you loose it!!! I know these laws and ordinances here as ya'll know I'm a deputy sheriff. These same laws and ordinances can sometimes p--- me off as when not much of anything can be done about somethings!

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
That sucks LTH. Some owners are just morons. Thats why I know when I have my rottie, no matter how well trained he is off lead i will probably have to keep him real close and on lead most places; cuz when other dogs start messin with him and he defends, I know its "oh the rottweiler attacked!" Its BS but I know its a fact I will have to deal with.

That cop was dumb too, i woulda been pissed he didnt help out and do what was right.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
That is really terrible. I hate when people are like that. Unfortunately, you run into people like that all the time. Good thing it didn't escalate into something more serious.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
couldn't you have given them a ticket, LTH? or hauled them in for being a nusiance or reckless endangerment or somthing to get them and their dogs away from the public?

the irony of their dogs going after an officer's dogs is quite pleasing - as long as you would be able to hand out some serious repercussions!

cc

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Ugh! I am glad it went no further than it did.......so much for the officer's duty to protect and serve huh? There can be rotten apples in any basket.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Codysmom, I couldn't do anything because I was in the city limits of Savannah, out of my jurisdiction. I'm a deputy in the next county. Technically we (deputies) have state wide jurisdiction but I'm not getting in a p---ing contest with a Savannah officer(most of them think they are better than you to begin with) and bring attention to myself or my Dobes.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
The bad thing about it is that people like that are the ones that help give Breeds bad names.. I just don't understand how people can own a dog or cat and not care enough to train and take care of it properly...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts