Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! Our Bella is 11 weeks old tomorrow, and she sleeps all night in her crate in our bedroom. She usually goes in her crate around 8:00PM, and doesn't make a peep until 5:30 or 6:00 AM. When she wakes up and I open the door of the crate, she just stays there and will kind of act as if she can't move her back legs. She stretches and puts her front legs out, but then just sits there again until I help her get out.
Once she's out she's fine, and we go outside, she eats, and then plays without any sign of legs troubles. I wondered if anyone else has heard of, or seen this with their pups that sleep in a crate. I almost called the vet today, but thought I'd check here first, especially since she seems fine once out of the crate.
I have a small dog bed in there for her as well as a fleece blanket so it is quite a cushiony spot....maybe too cushiony?
Any input is much appreciated:)

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Rudy does the same stretch out of his crate. Instead of helping her out. Have a treat....and see if she moves out towards it. If she really CAN'T move....that's a whole other problem which I can't comment on as you'd need to see your vet. But if she's just sitting there....encourage her out....so she gets used to getting up and getting going on her own. Rudy when he was smaller, liked to stretch and then look around, but then he'd wander out. Now....he bounds out of his crate. But yours is still a baby.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts