Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to drag this on or anything but I found a few more interesting uses for ACV.
If your dog has really itchy skin you soak your dog down with water and then rub in ACV or make a wash and sponge it into the coat allowing it to drip dry. It apparentely stops the itching a.s.a.p.
It also stops hot spots in there tracks. Needs to be diluted with water in a ratio of 1:1 (if skin is broken already)
Use a couple of drops, diluted half and half with water, in your dog's ears at his weekly grooming session to avoid ear infections.
If your dog gets pimples on his skin add it to his/her food.
This is all from the book The Holistic Guide For a Healthy Dog-Wendy Volhard & Kerry Brown, DVM

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Excellant post! Very informative, and something I will probably run into the need for at some point! Especially with the dry skin and hot spots. Thank you!!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Taken from the solid gold catalog:

"Fungus and bacteria infections are usually alkaline. ACV is acidic and helps to neutralize the pH."

I usually use alchohol, but I might try the ACV. Great topic, I was wondering if anyone had done this.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
who knew? that is expecially good to know for hot spots - tho I would have thought that ACV could sting like crazy. maybe diluting it takes the bite out. have you been able to get your dog to eat the food with acv in it? apollo is so fussy, I am not sure he would eat it.

cc

·
Registered
288 Posts
you'd be surprised that dogs know whats good for them. just try it and mix it good into the food at first it will be diluted. so it won't be as strong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts