Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Molly's has got some skin problems going on right now. whe has been to the vet and has been thru a course of anti biotics and anti inflamitories. We have also switched her over to all natural food with no preservatives. she has been scratching and some licking.

She has always been a licker, but now it's just crazy. not only is she licking her, us, Pollo, her bed, our bed, toys, bones, couches you name it. any suggesttions? I think it is because of her skin, and has gotten a little out of hand as a result of her discomfort. I would love to hear your thoughts.

BTW, she goes back to the vet on saturday for a recheck and also to get her thyroid checked (her hair has not grown back from her spay, and a bald spot on her neck has not grown back yet either.

cc

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
itching is the worst. it just can make you crazy. I hope that her skin settles down. she is still her happy little self, but it has to be making her a bit nuts. tho with her, it's hard to tell ;)

cc

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Even though the dog food you switched to is all natural there still might be something in it that Molly is allergic to. For example My cousin is allergic to tomatoes, if you put one on a plate with nothing on it and he eats it his body is in total hives. l hope it is nothing serious and can be fixed by diet. Try some plain yogurt in a dish with lactobacillus and asidophillus. (get at health food store) it will help with the itching and kill off yeast and fungal growth, which quite often happens when using antibiotics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts