Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I tell you are these dogs are the most moaning and groaning creatures on earth or what? Sounds like old men getting up from a nap LOL.
Every time they sleep or lay down and get comfy you get a series of moans and groans for five minutes. Then everytime they move stretch and get bumped you get more!
The two sleep in bed with us and its like a nightly ritual now. Turn off the lights and get everyone in position and then......groan from Titus....then Jada.....We started groaning afterwards in a series as well as a joke.
Usually ends with a big huff from Titus when hes done.

:uuuh_2d_s

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Between that and the purring when petted, Cole is very vocal.

DobeMom

·
Registered
953 Posts
I love this about Bruno. We'll rub his ears and chin just to hear him LOL. Bed time is a hoot. Because he too sleeps with us and it's always his moaning and groaning before he gets comfy! It's adorable. I just love it hehe.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hehe, Dozer does the same thing. In between his groans and his yawns he makes all sorts of sounds.

·
Registered
891 Posts
moans, groans, meeps and peeps oh and chirps too!! Grace is my vocal one she talks, demands, argues and chews me out!!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Lena is a groaner too. We can always tell when she drops off to sleep because the groaning stops and there is a big sigh. Too funny!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Its not groaning it's talking,Tia is the biggest talking Dobe i have ever had.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Please record this and let us hear it!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Asher is a huge talker. Just about everything gets him going. The high pitched chirps are the worse.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Haha, I don't know who groans more.........Orson or my husband! You would think they are both in their 90's most of the time!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
tjmom said:
I tell you are these dogs are the most moaning and groaning creatures on earth or what? Sounds like old men getting up from a nap LOL.
Every time they sleep or lay down and get comfy you get a series of moans and groans for five minutes. Then everytime they move stretch and get bumped you get more!
The two sleep in bed with us and its like a nightly ritual now. Turn off the lights and get everyone in position and then......groan from Titus....then Jada.....We started groaning afterwards in a series as well as a joke.
Usually ends with a big huff from Titus when hes done.

:uuuh_2d_s

goodnight Johnboy!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Codysmom said:
goodnight Johnboy!

That is too funny.

And Titus does talk at times. We call it "monkey talk". Sometimes he sounds like a monkey and sometimes he sounds like chewbacca from star wars.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Piper Smacks her lips.......Rommel grunts and groans, and Ziris does this crazy growl, grown. Dobermans and Great Danes are the most vocal dogs I have ever been around. It seems like dobes have to "talk to you" I think it is so cute though.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Java has this habit of burying her snout between my knees just above the kneecaps and snorts and sighs like crazy, leaning into me as I scratch her ears and shoulders. Totally blissed out. She also does the heavy sigh/groan shen she snuggles down for the night. The funniest are the growls, muffled 'ruff's and snorts when she is dreaming - I swear she sounds like the Cowardly Lion! I get the Chewbaca sounds when she is waiting at the bottom of the stairs and I'm upstairs and she's not allowed to follow me.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Houston, we have a groaner!

omg Tucker never shuts up! LOL I've never had a dobe before this meatball entered our lives and I found out real fast that they're VERY vocal critters hehehe

I sympathize completely...or giggle right along with you which is probably closer to the truth...
goofy dobes that sing for us and keep us entertained :D
We get -
moans, groans, chuffing, purring, mooing - yes he MOO's! - whining, chewbaca chatter, squeaks, peeps, deep sighs...
he's more vocal that the birds some times hehehe

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
A day doesn't go by that Da'Kari doesn't talk her chewbacca talk and also moans when going down for the night, Nash on the other hand has only did the chewbacca talk a couple of times and very low, sorta like complaining to himself LOL.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Brumwolf I think Gaston could give Tia a run for her money on the talking. Roxy is pretty quite but my friends are always making comments to me while I'm on the phone about Gaston's BIG MOUTH!!!!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
haha yeah I put my head by duchess's head when she is laying down and groan like "HHMMMMMM" and she will reply with a "HMMMMMM" lol we do it for a good 5 min lol...just going HMMM back and forth lol. I tried to get a video of it once...but Duchess mocks my "HMMM's" so well that you cant tell whos is whos moan! lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts