Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone head of MnM Dobermans out of Indianapolis? If so what have you heard. They just had a recent littler and priced them at $2500.

·
Premium Member
10,601 Posts
I haven't heard of them--how long have they been breeding and what are the breeders names? Or do they have a website?

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,035 Posts
There are a couple of MnM names on Dobequest in some dogs’ bloodlines, but no info.

·
Super Moderator
22,338 Posts
I found them on FB. Looks like the current litter is sired by CH HQ Rock My World CD, THD, ROM, CGC CHIC but I can't find the registered name of the dam. They seem to have bred with Bel-mar before. Don't know if that's helpful.

·
Premium Member
10,601 Posts
I found them on FB. Looks like the current litter is sired by CH HQ Rock My World CD, THD, ROM, CGC CHIC but I can't find the registered name of the dam. They seem to have bred with Bel-mar before. Don't know if that's helpful.
I just did the same thing--well not FB--but I went looking in DobeQuest and after looking at several pedigrees from dogs who were either registered as Bel-Mar something v MnM or MnM something v BelMar I vaguely remember from several years back that there was a new breeder who was being mentored by (duh!--whatshername--BelMar--Priscilla Bell?).

I'm only guessing but it looks like the foundation was a BelMar bitch. BelMar bred and showed for years--but if she was doing the mentoring there should be some quality in the parentage but as for health testing--a good many of the long time breeders don't do a lot of health testing.

$2,500 isn't an unreasonable price for a well bred puppy from health tested parents and I would think that the pedigree would show activity in the conformation ring. If the HQ dog is the sire of the litter his health testing is very complete since he's in CHIC and as a ROM dog he's got at least a championship and some basic performance titles.

Don't know if the OP ever showed up again but who's the dam?

·
Super Moderator
22,338 Posts
On their FB page they only mention the dam's call name "Juno", I think, and I can't find a dog by that call name in DQ with the MnM listing.

·
Premium Member
10,601 Posts
On their FB page they only mention the dam's call name "Juno", I think, and I can't find a dog by that call name in DQ with the MnM listing.
And I just went back to DobeQuest to look at the HQ dog's pedigree. He's pretty well line bred on Oozi--can't think of the kennel name Arabian Knight--a dog I knew well because he started his career out here in the PNW--that pedigree has a lot of longevity.

Most of what is in DobeQuest on MnM is pretty minimal--except for the pedigrees themselves. Interesting though--could be a good prospect for either performance or conformation.

Ah, it's Aeolus' Arabian Knight with titles in front and behind--and I just looked again at one of the Bel-Mar pedigrees and looks like Priscilla used him in her breeding too so it makes a looser line breeding for any puppies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bel-Mar / MnM 10/2017 Litter

The dam's registered name is MnM Juno v Bel-Mar.

The full pedigree for the litter is available in the Facebook group Bel-Mar Dobermans - Priscilla Bell. Unfortunately we are having a hard time getting updated pictures as Priscilla is going on 84 years old and learning tech is not part of her forte. I am her Granddaughter and I live in TX, so I am not able to do it myself. We are working on finding a viable solution! The group requires permission to join, but I generally get that done fairly soon after the request is sent.

I believe there are 4 black puppies available, but I do not remember how many of which sex. I believe the only untitled dogs on the pedigree have been MnM owned bitches. That was not due to quality, but due to time.

I know Priscilla would love to talk to anyone about the puppies or the breed in general! She's been in Dobes since 1957, so she has a lot of info for anyone willing to listen.

We use to have a website going, but we let it go. I know she does different tests and watches the certifications on sire/dam. I cannot give much detail as I do not pay that much attention. I have a Bel-Mar bitch that is a 10/2009 model, still going strong with no sign of slowing down... but I barrel race, didn't follow in the family foot steps. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts