Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved to Phoenix from Denver to be with my mom as she is transitioning through a difficult divorce from my dad - married for 38 years.

As such, Arkus & Nissa are still in Denver, with my husband, and I miss them all terribly. Every night, we used to pile into bed, and my husband would say "Well, we're all here on our life raft - time to go to bed". It was a way to symbolize we are a family and we stick together.

I am missing my babies A LOT, and I've been here for just three weeks. So imagine my surprise when I received this below picture ::

You'll notice that Shelby is noted in the top-right hand corner. Even though she is not alive, she is with us in spirit, and will never be forgotten.

I am flying to Denver on 12/16 and will be there through 1/4. Cannot wait to see them all again.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Ok your picture brought a tear ...........how sweet is that picture!!

On a sad note I've walked in your steps my parents were divorced after 25 years of marriage. My prayers are with you and your family!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Awwwee, what a sweet picture and very thoughtful of your husband! :)

Jan

Reactions: CoDobe

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,447 Posts
That made me remember--when I was a little kid and very homesick at camp, I got a surprise letter, printed by my sister and brother--it said "I miss you", then had my dog's footprint using a stamp pad under that, with "Love, Smokey" written underneath.

The letter meant so much to me--and I still have it.

Dogs are so incredibly special--I'm glad you'll see yours soon (and that special DH who documented the whole deal).

·
Registered
470 Posts
That is so sweet of your hubby! It would make me miss him and the kids all the more. I love that he thought to include Shelby as well.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These are the faces I am missing...but will see them soon enough.

Arkus thinks he rules the roost, but little does he know that quiet Nissa girl sitting next to him will have his ass in a slinger if she wanted to. But, she doesn't need to strut her stuff - she knows she's Alpha. :)

·
Nub Enthusiast
392 Posts
My parents separated a little over a year ago after somewhere around 30 years of marriage, too, so I can imagine what this must be like for you. Best wishes to your family, and I hope all are doing okay.

This is such a cute picture, definitely brings a lump to your throat. Don't worry, you'll be back on your life raft before you know it! :) I don't suppose Mom would go for a visit to Denver? Maybe the dogs would cheer her up?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My parents separated a little over a year ago after somewhere around 30 years of marriage, too, so I can imagine what this must be like for you. Best wishes to your family, and I hope all are doing okay.

This is such a cute picture, definitely brings a lump to your throat. Don't worry, you'll be back on your life raft before you know it! :) I don't suppose Mom would go for a visit to Denver? Maybe the dogs would cheer her up?
Mom has a lot on her plate and she's spending her PTO for Thanksgiving and New Years. So, at least we'll be with family over the holidays...and I'll be with my husband and puppers over Christmas.

I'm headed back to Denver on 12/16 and will be staying there through 1/4 so the time can't come soon enough. Although, it is nice to be living in a smaller place that doesn't require so much cleaning. :)

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok your picture brought a tear ...........how sweet is that picture!!

On a sad note I've walked in your steps my parents were divorced after 25 years of marriage. My prayers are with you and your family!
It's crazy how many long-term marriages break up. Although, this isn't because one of them had a mid-life crisis. My dad cheated on my mom (2nd time in 20 years) and that was it for her.

My dad is a very complex person and as I have aged, we really don't have anything in common nor do I think I really like him as a person. So, this was the nail in the coffin for me and I've pretty much stopped all communication with him.

I mean, we all have our family issues and I realize that "perfection is not reality". But c'mon, I would've had 10x more respect for him had he just chose to do the honorable thing and ended his marriage. But, emotionally, he's about 12 and wants his cake and eat it too.

Sigh, I digress. Not that you wanted to know all the gory details, but I'm a talker. Open the flood-gates and you can't shut me up. :)

Thanks for the well wishes. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts