Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Officer Murphy #28
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the hardest thing that I've went through since my Dad passing..I had to say goodbye to my baby Bella. She was 10yrs old. She had cancer in her chest and the best thing for her was to let her go and be with the other dogs and my Dad. She has been my friend..my protector..my shoulder to cry on..and is the most well behaved, loyal, kind dog I have ever known. She truly changed a lot of peoples minds about Dobermans. She had the kindest temperament.

It's hard to accept this loss..I think it's worse because just a month ago she was a vibrant dog..she has been in my life for 10 years. Some people may say it's just a dog get another one, but if you have never felt a dog's unconditional love then you have never felt real love..that love is pure and cannot be broken..I have truly lost my best friend..You will always be with me Bella..you were strong to the very end. My bed and home will be lonely without those big doberman paws running around. I think that's the thing I will miss the most is not coming home to her or having her take up my bed at night.Bella go and be a dog guardian angel now..cos all dogs go to heaven.

RIP Bella 2002-2012

Attachments

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,603 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. May the wonderful memories of Bella bring you some comfort during this difficult time.

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,602 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss, Bella was beautiful. Run free Bella.

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss, she looks such a sweet girl.

I understand your shock. Our first dobe went from being a seemingly healthy 10 year old exhibiting no symptoms to us having to put him to sleep just 3 days later. It left us completely shattered.
These dobes of ours are more than just dogs, they're a very special breed. Anyone who has lost a dobe knows exactly how you feel. Just take it one day at a time & be kind to yourself.

Run free at the bridge sweet Bella.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss!! Rest in Peace sweet Bella.....

·
Officer Murphy #28
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you!

Thank you everybody for your warm wishes and thoughts. This has truly been a tough time for me. I accept that everything dies and accept that yes she was an older dog I should be realistic with the outcome, but I just can't accept when and how it happened. Like one of the previous comments, she went from her normal self to a sickly dog within two weeks. It is devastating and depressing. I guess I just can't come to terms with why she had to go now.
I just graduated college and the day before I had to put her down was the one year anniversary of my Father passing away. I had planned to spend more time with her and take her to the park more since I didn't have school anymore. I know there is a reason for everything, but I have yet to really understand why it had to happen this way.

I guess I'm in the anger/depression stage of the grieving process. I have always had a dog and now my house is so quiet. I don't hear her tags jingle, her drinking out of her bowl, and her going down the stairs like a horse. I feel like I have lost my significant other. I just feel lost.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So sorry for your loss of Bella. I lost my 7 year old doberboy last Sept and same thing, he was healthy and then he was gone! Broke my heart, I cried for days...I still think of him everyday. Miss him everyday. I hope you let yourself grieve and be gentle with yourself.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm very, very sorry for your loss. She'll be running pain free with good company. All our loved ones who have gone on before her. How wonderful you had 10 full years with her.

·
Rescue Mom
1,131 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss. May her memories comfort you during this difficult time. Rest in Peace Sweet Bella.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts