Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,038 Posts
Wonder if they will just leave the dogs behind like they did in Viet Nam? I thought those dogs got a real "thank you" for their service of saving our boy's lives....

That was a facetious comment for any wondering.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
"The four-legged soldier has not yet been identified, but some speculate the breed was either a Belgian Malinois or German shepherd, a breed used frequently in raids in Afghanistan and Iraq."

Well.... we aren't supposed to say anything, secret and all that.. but just too proud to hold it in It was Quincy!! Yep. Plan was to send him in with a nylabone in mouth - a large nylabone - and drop it on the bad guy's foot, and then while bad buy bent over in pain, to dober-head butt said bad guy, breaking his nose, and then when said bad guy hit the floor, to lay on him and begin to chew the dropped the nylabone, all the while giving time for the SEAL team to gather the goods. All good plans... bad guy ended up dead... a secret recording was revealed with bad guy pleading "please, stop this dog from nudging whining and pestering me... just shoot me!!!".. the SEALS obliged.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My husband's last tour in Iraq he was stationed at a remote radio relay point with only 2 dozen other men. One of the troopies was a handler with his K9.. DH never liked dogs at all until he spent those 6 months working next to the K9 team. He'd never been around a dog that was actually trained and obedient. Being around the team changed his whole opinion (i.e. his heart) about dogs. He'd write me letters and go on and on about this German Shepherd and how great it was to be able to have down-time with it.

It surprised the pants off me how he allowed this animal to grow on him like it did. When he came home, that's when we started talking about opening our home to a dog.

·
Registered
648 Posts
My husband's last tour in Iraq he was stationed at a remote radio relay point with only 2 dozen other men. One of the troopies was a handler with his K9.. DH never liked dogs at all until he spent those 6 months working next to the K9 team. He'd never been around a dog that was actually trained and obedient. Being around the team changed his whole opinion (i.e. his heart) about dogs. He'd write me letters and go on and on about this German Shepherd and how great it was to be able to have down-time with it.

It surprised the pants off me how he allowed this animal to grow on him like it did. When he came home, that's when we started talking about opening our home to a dog.
It's awesome to see a dog open up ones soul to show the unconditional love that a dog can give.
Is Hello Clarice a reference to Silence Of The Lambs? Lol

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
When I read the NY Times article on the raid, I really fixated on the "79 people and one dog". I wanted to know the dog's name, the dog's breed, if it was a boy or a girl....I respect our military people, but you hardly ever hear about military dogs!

·
Registered
742 Posts
The titanium fang thing did make me :smile5: a tad...
Most dogs that do bite work at some point get titanium canine's due to breaking of the teeth. In some countries they are proactively capping the teeth with the titanium shields before breakage can occur. Only the Canines tho.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts