Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Miko is a handsome boy...sure looks determined, in that photo...LOL

Amy & her Dad extends our best puppy wishes, from South of London, ON.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Amy looks like a very kind dog. Is that her grandma, she seems sweet too!
Thks suzylee - Amy is a real ham at heart...her instincts are really balanced...she is my heart-dog, and getting old (11.4 now).
No its not our granny, as pictured...I trained & then certified her with St. John's Ambulance Therapy Dog Program, 8 years ago...since retired.

We made monthly visits to our local hospital and a nursing home.
Some folks at the nursing home, use to save cookies for her, on the day of her visit...taking them out of the kitchen/lunch room supplies.

When we rotated with a little dog, the seniors would routinely say "where is the big dog"?...He-He.

One lady in very good shape was 89 y/o and Amy would sit lightly on her one foot...while she sat on her lazy-boy recliner.
She asked me why Amy did that...first I said, I'm sorry, is she hurting you?
Her answer was No...I replyed, Amy loves you, and she don't want you to leave her...she said, sweet Amy can sit on my foot, anytime she wants.

Amy truly touched their hearts and was much appreciated...she liked to lean into them gently, and they always felt her honest sense of love.
Some more Amy therapy pictures, can be found here: Pet Perfect Express -- "Delivering human grade kibble for human pets"

Amy is also called the "neighborhood dobe"...kids will play with her on our front lawn, with her tennis ball or stick...she loves attention, from all ages.
- she also likes the regular mailman a lot...and will bark at Dad if she is inside the house and missed his greeting, on the delivery walk by

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my friend loves how your Amelia looks with the ears and tail, he scolded me about Miko's cropping, thought it was cruel...Miko didn't seem to mind;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i saw the pictures from the senior home, you must be so proud of Amy, what a blessed soul! i think i will look into similar local programs as we have a booming senior population here in
Toronto with loneliness and lack of mental stimulation being a main issue. i loved seeing those pictures!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts