Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

MidSummers night CGC,TDI!!!!

2K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  elly 
#1 ·
Yay!!! Duchess had her CGC test and meanwhile for a little more extra work she got her TDI!!! My girl is a Canine Good Citizen and a Therapy dog! Im so proud of her...She didnt behave AS well as in training class but for not using any treats and a buckle collar she did alright! haha. :boldblue:

See less See more
#9 ·
Thanks guys! lol I am very proud :) She definately sneeks in kisses whenever she can. lol. I took some video! but its on my camcorder...when I eventually get around to putting that on a cd/dvd then I hope to share it with you guys! lol

#10 ·
LD that Wonderful!!!! you must be so proud of Duchess! I think that is what I will do with Pollo next, he is so sweet and gentle, I am sure that a TDI would be do-able.

I am so proud of all our doberkids - there are so many titles on them. I just wish we all were closer together!

cc

#13 ·
Congratulations! You both should be very proud, way to go!

#22 ·
well I think I still need to get all the paperwork sent in...and something about going through the or an organization for insurance reasons. but I'd love to start out small visiting places that encourage therapy dogs. I think she would really enjoy working with children. In the meantime I think Im going to start proofing and training at places that will challenge her...also work on weaning her off treats.
Im also THINKING about enrolling her into agility again cause that is wonderful for her in the winter. Im introducing myself into everything really slowly when it comes to showing and getting things done lol. so someday we will get into it and eventually be active in that world :)

#23 ·
LapDog said:
well I think I still need to get all the paperwork sent in...and something about going through the or an organization for insurance reasons. but I'd love to start out small visiting places that encourage therapy dogs. I think she would really enjoy working with children. In the meantime I think Im going to start proofing and training at places that will challenge her...also work on weaning her off treats.
Im also THINKING about enrolling her into agility again cause that is wonderful for her in the winter. Im introducing myself into everything really slowly when it comes to showing and getting things done lol. so someday we will get into it and eventually be active in that world :)
you definately want to be registered through an organization that provides liability insurance. Velma is registered through Therapy Dogs Inc and I pay a small fee every year to renew - it is for insurance that covers her when she is "working" as a Therapy Dog.

Places to visit - look into library programs where the kids read to the dogs. We do that occasonally with a group of therapy dogs. The group I am with also visits a nursing home once a week, but it is always on weekends which are hard for me. I have found a a group of autistic children to visit. They have a classroom at the school I work at part time - but are part of a county program not the school district. The principle at this school is a dog lover so she is cool with our visits. Each school district and school within a district can be different. Call your local school district and check with them.

#24 ·
thanks velmadobe! I did come across that reading program at the TDI site! I definately will do some searches and research about everything. That would be nice to go with a group of others :) and I agree the insurance through an organization is a must :)

#25 · (Edited)
Duchess could work with to autistic children. Or even a school that has a reading group. They could read to Duchess. I have seen that before and the children did very well in their reading. She'd just eat that up I bet. I see you have her titles with her picture.Looks Nice!!! We will be waiting for a picture of it framed like BIB did. I think that should be the rule from now on, don't you think? LOL Can't wait!!!!

Way To Go Duchess!!!!

#26 ·
We will be waiting for a picture of it framed like BD did. I think that should be the rule from now on, don't you think? LOL Can't wait!!!!
For sure!!! I can't wait to get all that fun stuff haha. I want to get the Canine good citizen dog tag and bandana...
do they have things you can buy for therapy dog?
She would definately enjoy the children. :) but she would also like to sit by a wheelchair while getting a neck rub :)
thanks for all the congratulations guys!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.