Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An update on Atty. He has been here for approximately 1 month. Has had his first vet appt, closer to 8 years old, was under weight, and recieved all necessary inoculations. He is a healthy boy but does have the onset of cataracts. Had his first bath and although he did not appear anxious he certainly stood like a gentleman during the process. Tolerated the nail clip. Truly seems to enjoy the pampering. He has a very healthy appetite and has since put on 7 lbs, his coat is darkening and looks much thicker. He goes everywhere with me that I can possibly take him and waits patiently in the car (locked) until I get back. He rarely leaves my side. Loves his coat and knows that we are going somewhere when I get it. Absolutely loves stuffies and now brings them to me and deposits them in my lap. He will lay across me on the chair and put his head on my shoulder while he just stares at me. Selfishly, this is the definition of that "warm, fuzzy feeling". so all I want to add is simply, if anyone is interested in adopting from a rescue or otherwise or even fostering, Please do not overlook the seniors. To bing this boy into my home has to be one of the most gratifying things I have ever done. And I honestly think I may be more appreciative than he is.

·
Super Moderator
22,030 Posts
What, no pictures? :D

I also recommend adopting seniors. Simon is almost nine now. We've had him for a little over seven months now. He's such an easy dog to own.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What, no pictures? :D

I also recommend adopting seniors. Simon is almost nine now. We've had him for a little over seven months now. He's such an easy dog to own.
This is the only picture I have of him now. It was taken the first night he was with me. And yes, he too, is a very easy dog to live with. There will be more to come. He is so photogenic.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Thanks so much for rescuing a senior - My old boy Pete is a joy. Seniors truly are the best

1 - 13 of 13 Posts