Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't usually post my fosters but I think she's so cute! I'm guessing she's from that craptastic breeder in Texas who breeds "Melanistic tans" insert eyes rolling into the back of my skull. And she's from Texas sooo.... Anyways she's cute. Weighs about 65lbs. I'm thinking Vizsla and dobe what say you?

Editing to add that I don't have her yet, she's coming up on Wed. in full blown heat btw. Which happens almost 100% of the time when I take in a foster. I asked the president if this was normal or if I'm just lucky. She said I'm lucky lol.

Red by Karen Miller, on Flickr.

·
Big Lil pup
6,115 Posts
Yes Karen... She is VERY cute! If she is Vizsla x Dobe, that could make for one hell of a Velco pup! LOL. My neighbor's Vizslas would give any Doberman a run for their money in that department.

BTW... Personally, I don't see how posting photos and comments on the "cuteness" of a mutt who may or may not have some Doberman in her is any kind of issue. Especially when considering that no more than 25% of dogs in shelters appear to be purebreds. (Currently, some estimates put that figure as low as 5%).

In any case, with all you do with your dogs, I am amazed that you still continue to foster.

So cool...

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, but don't you think that posting photos like this, along with you gushing about how cute she is, could foster demand for these type of "alternate" colors with people wanting "something different"?
In that aspect should no one ever post fosters or rescues unless they are 100% doberman due to it possibly creating a demand?

I often take in mixes, they are still cute to me, in their own way and I usually post them to my page on Facebook, they are also posted on the rescue site. I believe I've even posted a few here but it's been a while. To my knowledge it's never created demand?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to reiterate I do NOT condone the crossing of breeds to create certain colors or any type of breeding that are against DPCA standards. But I'm excited to bring in this foster, I hope she's a good girl and gets along with the gang. Although I've been unlucky with heat cycles I've been very lucky that all of the fosters have meshed well with my gang. And my gang is great at helping to build their confidence. I pick her up some time today.

·
Premium Member
8,281 Posts
I know that there was some breeder in Texas several years ago that registered solid red puppies as purebreds with AKC - the DPCA reported them I believe. Looking at the puppy pictures, it was obvious that they were most likely Done/Visla crosses and not melanistic Dobermans. Surprise Surprise, this breeder also had visla in her home. I think that the AKC let the registrations stand - which totally pissed off a lot of people.
Your foster looks a lot like those puppies - super cute, but so obviously not purebred. Hope she finds a great home!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts