Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a whirlwind trip from Illinois to Georgia and back in 2 days, our pup is home! She's actually been home since Saturday, but I've been busy so I'm finally posting about it today.

Kaia is a sweet, goofy, bundle of energy, as one would expect from a 5 month old pup. She's adjusting to her new home very well and is doing fantastic with my 2 older kids (5yo and 7yo). Her interaction with the toddler (1yo) has been limited, as has her interaction with the cats. That last one is mostly their doing, not ours.

We're working on learning her cues for needing to go outside, with only 2 accidents so far. She's a vocal little thing and it's hard to tell if she needs to go out, wants to play, wants attention, or just wants to hear her own voice, lol.

We're also waiting for her appetite to fully return. She eats, but not nearly what she was before coming home with us. If we hand feed her, we can get her to eat a little bit more, but it's still not where she should be.

Here are a couple of pictures of her playing in the back yard near the chickens.

·
Da Boss
3,467 Posts
Welcome! She sounds like she's going to be a handful! My favorite! :)

Reactions: ECIN

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She looks like she is having so much fun already! What collar is that?
It's just a plain Blueberry brand collar in their Mint Blue color. I'm still not sure what "her" color is going to be.

·
Registered
Athena (Husky), Kenai (Malamute/Husky mix), Dobie Puppy coming 2021
413 Posts
Congrats on the new addition. She's such a cutie!!!

Reactions: LadyDi

·
Dobermangirl
5 Posts
It's just a plain Blueberry brand collar in their Mint Blue color. I'm still not sure what "her" color is going to be.
I love the color, it's perfect! I know a lot of people go for "bad ass" collars on dobermans but I've always preferred something clean and colorful. I think cooler tones play nicely with dobe coloring. I have this blue collar from mutt couture thats pretty cute, but I might just swap it for that mint green one. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Congrats on your new puppy! Very pretty. Ohhhh I love the Sea Turtle collar!

Reactions: LadyDi

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,104 Posts
And beware—they're not called Doberman PINCHERS for nothing LOL

I know, it's really spelled Pinschers, but pinchers is actually more accurate. As well as nippers, hair pullers, clothes grabbers, table leg chewers……

And sweethearts (when they are sleeping.) I'm jealous.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A few more pics of my sweet girl. It's been 4 weeks since I picked her up down in Georgia and started the long drive home back to northern IL. She's an absolute gem of a puppy. I can't wait to see her just blossom once we start obedience classes next month.

Doing her best Yoda impersonation while she was getting her posts changed a few days ago.

At the vet's office (just a routine visit), showing her gorgeous ears off. Don't worry, they went right back in the posts when we got home!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts