Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our black and tan female puppy from Jaimand last weekend! She is the white collar girl from the George x Flair litter of puppies. She turned 9 weeks old last Saturday. We were considering several names for her, but finally settled on Jolie, which means "pretty" in French.

She's only been here a couple days, but she already knows that outside is her place to go potty, and has even started asking to go out when she needs to. She only had one accident inside, on the first night she was here.

Newborn

1 week

2 weeks

3 weeks

4 weeks

5 weeks

6 weeks

9 weeks (she is on the right, turquoise collar girl is on the left)

On the day we picked her up!

Photos from the long car ride home:

Photos at home:

I love this photo of her

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
Congratulations! Pretty girl. :)

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Congrats on the new addition!

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Jolie is soooooo pretty, and its nice to see the instant bond with Mom & Dad.
She is loved & spoiled in a nice way...reading the photos / they grow so quick, the baby pics. are too treasure.

P.S.
- while I don't know how to post ears, my wife did it / still looks to me like, the bridge tape is too tight (?), causing the length of the ears to tip-in together (easily fixed)...and not remain truly vertical
Others may chime in too !!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on the beautiful girl! Vegas and I were in Duluth this weekend, a little rainy but still a wonderful time!
It was rainy, blegh. It's really nice today though! Next time you're in Duluth, feel free to let me know and we can meet up somewhere!

Jolie is soooooo pretty, and its nice to see the instant bond with Mom & Dad.
She is loved & spoiled in a nice way...reading the photos / they grow so quick, the baby pics. are too treasure.

P.S.
- while I don't know how to post ears, my wife did it / still looks to me like, the bridge tape is too tight (?), causing the length of the ears to tip-in together (easily fixed)...and not remain truly vertical
Others may chime in too !!
Thanks Beaumont! I see what you mean about the ears, but this is the way Mandy (the breeder) did them, and she said it works well for her. She uses the Sam Grant method where you glue tongue depressors inside the ears. I'm going to try posting this way and see how it goes, but I am open to switching to something else if I start to see problems with the way the ears are standing. :)

Very nice! You going to show her?
Thanks! No, she was sold to us as a companion puppy. Mandy said she could have conformation potential, but she's a little on the small side so was sold as a companion pup. I think I would like to do a co-own for a show-quality pup someday, but I just wanted to keep things simple for my first dog.

·
Super Moderator
22,015 Posts
I'm so happy for you!

You know, if you need to socialize her to people, I'd be happy to meet her (cough!)! :D

Reactions: Jennie MN

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I'll keep it in mind! We're in St Cloud, and don't make it that far too often. You'll have to make sure to drop by the DECC during the Duluth dog shows though! July 12-15 :) I can almost guarantee I'll be there, and I'd love to meet your beautiful baby!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm so happy for you!

You know, if you need to socialize her to people, I'd be happy to meet her (cough!)! :D
Oh for sure! Let me know if you're ever in Duluth, and I'll let you know next time I make it down to the cities area.

I'll keep it in mind! We're in St Cloud, and don't make it that far too often. You'll have to make sure to drop by the DECC during the Duluth dog shows though! July 12-15 :) I can almost guarantee I'll be there, and I'd love to meet your beautiful baby!
Yeah, we definitely want to go to that show! Are people allowed to bring their dogs even if they aren't participating in the show?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
There are always unentered dogs at shows, I think some shows may have rules against it but I've never seen it enforced- they're valuable socialization opportunities!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts