Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Earl's momma
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew it was going to be really tough to pick a puppy, but I had no idea what I was really in for! With a full litter of 7 males I had the first choice and my oh my, I wanted all of them. After a long deliberation I made my choice, and I’m pleased to present my little man, Earl. I’ve been getting a lot of grief over the name but I think it’s awesome! I wanted something noble to suit the big guy he’s going to grow up to be, and Earl is also my grandfather’s name. Grampa’s not thrilled that I’m naming a dog after him but I told him to take it as a compliment. I’m so smitten with this little nugget, and wish the breeder wasn’t as far so I could be there everyday! He goes for his ears next week and comes home on the 21st. Sorry for the poor quality of the pics, my phone hates me and I can’t get the pictures off my camera for a few days.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Hi Earl boy & Mommy...I love seeing all the compassion, in the family unit....handsome puppy btw.
11 years ago, our FM puppy liked to sleep on our heart beat / she is my heart-dog, now...and we are joined, at the hip...no surprise.

Welcome from senior girl Amy and her Dad, South of London, ON.

FYI...Dr. Staples (London, Ontario) is the #1 crop Vet. in the province / well worth the drive, for perfect ears / only do it once !!.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
He's a cutie!

Jan

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Howdy, to the little dude! Earl is a fine choice for his name! Welcome to DT.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Hello, earl! Just watch out naming a dog after a human! I swear they always share some of the humans worst characteristics when you do- a friend of mine named a dog after their mother in-law, and well... she [the dog] has always been sort of a bitch! ;)

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Hello baby earl! :) welcome to DT

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
An Earl is royalty so maybe it is fitting he is named that, aside from the Grandpa thing. He certainly looks the part already, he is adorable!

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
He will be going to Dr Staples, he's the only one my breeder will go to. 7 hours each way! But i've seen his work on her dogs, and a few others, and they are perfect!
Welcome to DT.
What a cute little puppy!!!!!!
You will like the work Doc Staples creates imo.
Nubis had the joy of briefly meeting him before they put him in Wonderland to have his ears cropped.

Reactions: Beaumont67
1 - 17 of 17 Posts