Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...we got a couple of kittens.

When we first got Shanoa last spring we had six cats. Our oldest kitty passed away last summer. She was quite old and got ill very fast. At the time, we were going to stick to five cats so we'd be less in the crazy zone :)

Then, of course, it's been a bit of a struggle with Shanoa and the cats. But, she's making great strides. So a few days ago we went to the shelter "just to look." We're huge cat lovers in our house. We were a foster home for kitties for about 10 years, and I do miss that. We got a little burned out, and then of course we were focusing on Shanoa.

But, we came home with two kittens. There were two little black kittens for adoption, and they'd been there a while, because black cats, like black dogs, tend to be the last adopted. And by a while, I mean a couple of weeks, which is pretty long for the shelter here. We couldn't take just one of the sisters, so we took them both. They were just too adorable, and we figured they wouldn't bug our older cats as much if they had each other to play with.

Yes, we are really, truly, officially crazy cat people now. Shanoa is doing amazingly well with the kittens so far. We have them in a large crate in the living room, so they can get used to her and she can get used to them. They are little spitfires, and don't back away from her at all. If she gets too annoying by poking her nose at them they hiss and swat her. I have high hopes that maybe they will eventually be friends.

Pics are below. By the way, question for other cat people - our cats are currently on Felidae grain free salmon. Any other recommendations for grain free foods? Our older cats also never ate canned food, but now there seems to be growing recommendation to do so for the water content. Anyone feed canned?

Here are the new babies. Charlotte is the one in the pink collar. Siouxsie Sioux is named after the singer (and is pronounced "Susie Sue"). Note in the last picture that Shanoa is doing a pretty good job ignoring them in favor of a nice bone. Enjoy!

·
_______
5,102 Posts
Siouxsie? For real? I so love that-haha

"Whoooaaa oooo all your cities lie in dust~~~ my friend"

I didn't know the black animal phemonema affected cats also.

I miss having cats, have fun w/your new babies

/Charlotte not named for the song "Charlotte Ann" is she? I'd flip...really miss that tune.

·
Super Moderator
21,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, absolutely! My husband first suggested "Bad Charlotte" as a play on the band "Good Charlotte." Then, of course, the other one needed a good music name too. What's better than Siouxsie of Siouxsie and the Banshees? Love 'em.

·
Super Moderator
21,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought the cat lovers might like a couple of new pics from today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts