Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! This is my first post but I have been scrolling through DT for the better part of a year now learning all that I can while waiting for my puppy. I figured it was time to post something! this is my five month old boy, Atlas! He is my first Doberman but my family has had them for decades. He is the sweetest and goes pretty much everywhere with me. He loves toys that crinkle and playing with his big sister Remi (a lab/pit mix). He is a social butterfly and loves meeting new people, but we are still working on not jumping on them lol. He is already my best friend so I am exited for you all to meet him!
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Ear Gesture

Him snoozing in the car after picking him up and bringing him home!
Blue Electric blue Carmine Personal protective equipment Recreation

snuggling in his crate!
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Snout

fun at the beach! (he learned to dig from me trying to get a rock out of the sand lol)
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Companion dog

Fun while camping!
Dog Dog breed Black Collar Carnivore

My boy posing for my photography class!
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

My goofball

Attachments

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
He is very beautiful! Thank you for sharing so many nice pictures. He has such a lovely head shape, with a lovely crop to show it off. I have never seen the posting method you use, until recently, now I am seeing it every where. It is the same one I will be using as it is much less intimidating to my husband than the back rod method and he wants to be involved and know how to post by himself if he needs to for some reason. Can't wait to watch your beautiful boy grow and learn!! Welcome to Doberman talk!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is very beautiful! Thank you for sharing so many nice pictures. He has such a lovely head shape, with a lovely crop to show it off. I have never seen the posting method you use, until recently, now I am seeing it every where. It is the same one I will be using as it is much less intimidating to my husband than the back rod method and he wants to be involved and know how to post by himself if he needs to for some reason. Can't wait to watch your beautiful boy grow and learn!! Welcome to Doberman talk!
Thank you! I was hesitant going through with a crop but Dr. Midgarden did his and I couldn't be happier with it! the zip tie method definitely works the best for us. I have found that it is more comfortable for him when playing and rolling around. its also less bulky so he doesn't try and scratch them off. he sits really well while I change them cause he knows he gets peanut butter afterwards lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What posting method is that? I love that, it looks so easy!
Its the zip tie method! I think its similar to the mole foam method, but I haven't tried that way so it could be a little different. I sandwich a thick industrial zip tie cut to the length of his ear between three layers of duct tape. I also wrap the base of the zip tie in gauze so it is padded in the base of the ear. I then secure it to his ear using torbot bonding cement. its the same stuff that people with ostomy bags use so its skin safe. I use unisolve when its time to change them and they come off no problem! I find it easier than the backer rods, especially for his crop!

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
30,560 Posts
I love that last pic--crazy puppy faces are the best!

We have a new thread about how to do the zip-tie method, Arrow:

It certainly looks less cumbersome than backer rod. But I'd probably glue myself to the dog--which might be hard to do, but I'd find a way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts