Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of having a "Meet and Greet" for my new puppy. I was thinking of inviting neighbors and friends to an afternoon potluck, to meet and socialize my new puppy. Of course I don't want to frighten her, she will be approx 13 weeks old and with us for for three weeks. I thought it would be a good opportunity for her to experience noise, people, new smells, all in a safe and friendly environment. Is this a good or a bad idea? and do you have any suggestions to make it successful?

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
I think its a good idea, but I would try to have her meet less people at first and gradually increase the amount of activity going on around her. Maybe wait a few more weeks or just invite fewer people. Sounds like fun :)

Reactions: 4RosesTess

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Great idea IMO, unless someone comes & brings their not so well mannered dog along.
- would not bother me, how many people came over, children included

I socialize puppy to +1000 of people, noise & places first...not so many other dogs, until my pup has confidence (win-win) & doggy meet and greet is kept positive and fun.

·
Premium Member
8,438 Posts
I like your idea however have a quiet place for your puppy to go to without people when you see her getting wound up. You don't want her to overload, just keep an eye out for her. Remember your puppy is looking to you for guidance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts