Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On more than several occasions I have found myself looking at a picture of a dobe, thoroughly impressed with the way it was put together only to to discover that it was a Gem'Givveeon doberman. This isn't to say that there aren't reputable breeders stateside that do a fantastic job.

I'm finally compelled to ask: Do any of you know of a reputable breeder in the U.S. that uses Gem'Givveeon dobermans in their breeding program?

For those of you with a Gem'Givveeon dobie (Iceman, anyone else?): What was the process of getting a puppy all the way from latvia, and if it isn't too invasive to ask: What was the cost? I'm estimating somewhere between, 3-6K? That is a shot in the dark, based on 0 facts.

I am still a ways from getting a doberman of my own, and there are breeders in the U.S. that I would be grateful to receive a puppy from, I'm just curious.

thanks again, you guys are awesome!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I know I have seen some but don't remember the kennel name, sorry!

On a side note though, a few weeks ago I fell in love with then couldnt afford it(not that I was surprised but well it was worth a shot) a very specific del nasi dog that is at betelges kennels(yes I check on her sold status daily still lol),
She is mabels age so almost 2, so her cost was not the same as a puppy and they are in serbia I think, I may very likely and probably be long, but anyways her cost alone once translated to usd was $8,000.
So for a puppy you may be right on track at the far end of your guess closer to 5/6 k but just my little example and depends on that breeder specifically and others should chime in soon with personal import stories.

Reactions: pecan314

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Gem'Givveeon Hot Guy is in the states and competing, but I don't know if his owner breeds him.

Navistar is a DT member and has a Gem'Givveeon bitch. I like her dogs a lot :)

·
MOATS
1,922 Posts
Gem'Givveeon Hot Guy is in the states and competing, but I don't know if his owner breeds him.

Navistar is a DT member and has a Gem'Givveeon bitch. I like her dogs a lot :)
There's been at least one litter, Rebholzer bred Incredible Caper to him last year.
Rebholzer Litters

As for others in the US, here is the list of Gem'Givveeon dogs registered with the AKC...

Gem'Givveeon Flaex-Fox DOB 03/08/2002
Gem'Givveeon Hot Guy DOB 02/03/2003
GEM'GIVVEEON LUMENE CD RA NA NAJ NF DOB 12/26/2003
Gem'Givveeon Fessi-Frisbee DOB 03/08/2002
Gem'Givveeon Ulani DOB 09/12/2007
Gem'Givveeon Usa Star DOB09/12/2007

·
Registered
142 Posts
The dam of my pup is Gem Givveeon Rocca... I imported from Hungary and the cost was around 3k including the shipping. I would assume Jelena sells her pups for around the same. I believe the pup himself was around 1800 euros about 8 months ago. It is alot easier if the dog can clear customs in Germany, this was you wont have to worry about dealing with customs and a potential lengthy process at the AP here in the states. 6k is outlandish.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
For those of you with a Gem'Givveeon dobie (Iceman, anyone else?): What was the process of getting a puppy all the way from latvia, and if it isn't too invasive to ask: What was the cost? I'm estimating somewhere between, 3-6K? That is a shot in the dark, based on 0 facts.
I am not in the states, so i cannot give you an idea on the possible cost BUT am sure of one thing, and that is,
anyone who wishes to import a Gem'Givveeon dog to the states or Canada, first of all has to convince Jelena to sell you one.
She has had a few unpleasant experiences in the last couple of years, so she is a bit wary when it comes to selling to the States or Canada.
Jelena does not breed in big numbers and when she does breed, she has no problem finding homes for the pups..
She is one of those breeders who take pride in what she produces and wish to keep in touch with the owners of all the dogs she breeds and help in any way she can.
Like any other decent breeder her aim is to find a suitable home to each individual pups character so she spends a lot of time with every litter to evaluate each pup.
If the pup is a show prospect, she would not sell to anyone without good reference from someone she trusts.(she would not sell a show prospect pup to outside Europe)
In my case,reference was from a mutual friend we have, who happens to be an active FCI judge.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have Gem'Givveeon's Lumene better known as Ember. I completely agree with Joe (Iceman). Jelena is a wonderful breeder who takes a lot of interest in her puppies and is very supportive. At the time, I was hoping for a red bitch and there was only one red bitch in the litter. Jelena told me that I wouldn't be happy with this red bitch because she had some sound sensitivity issues, she felt Ember would be the best choice for me. So I imported Ember from Latvia and my cost was about $1600 but that was eight years ago. I ended up with a beautiful bitch who is a pretty darn nice schutzhund dog.
Ember was bred once and produced some very nice and very drivey puppies. I kept a male from the breeding. You can see them on my website although it hasn't been updated in over a year. I need to get around to doing that!

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks again for all of the responses. Like I said, she just seems to produce some great looking dogs, plus I'm crazy about the way her crops come out looking. In any case I was just curious and fortunately for me there are a number of fantastic breeders that DT has helped me to become aware of. Navistar/Iceman, I completely respect Jelena's drive to keep tabs on all her pups and to ensure they arrive (and stay) in great homes. When thinking about potential goals for my future pup, the show ring isn't something that immediately comes to mind, partially because it seems like it has the capacity to get pretty intense and heated. That alone would likely make me less of a probable candidate for a puppy of hers. Competitive obedience is what I have my heart set on.

Navistar: Cruisey is very handsome. I have visited your website before and you have gorgeous dogs and progeny. All the emberXStopped pups look great but I always stop a little longer on adorable Super Sports pics at the bottom, and Lucy - - who I believe is stunning!

Thanks again for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts