Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the hubs took Nissa in to get her shots updated and as our Vet was doing prelim exam on her, she noticed a very peculiar thing about her...

Nissa was holding her breath.

She literally stopped breathing - we suspect Nissa was using her magic powers again to make herself invisible. Little did she know we are her kryptonite and she was still going to get her shots.

She stood still as a statue, didn't dare make a move or blink for fear of getting that nasty stuff down her nose.

She is pitiful. And such a drama queen. But pretty genius if you ask me. ;)

I imagine her standing just like this, not moving ::

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
hahaha......silly girl Nissa.

one of my girls would hyperventilate on the exam table at the Vet's and also 'spit' out hair! I mean as she stood there hairs would just pop off her, the table was covered after her exam. :)

Hugz to Nissa!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had no idea that dogs could do this...so imagine my surprise when the hubs called and told me this. I thought perhaps he was exaggerating the story, but nope. We have a smart one on our hands. :)

Oh, and what is wrong with her dress? I happen to think she looks very cute. :) She got that dress from her DT Secret Santa and was showing it off.

·
Mom of the Herd
238 Posts
:emo4: And they say dogs aren't smart.... That was so funny. Love the dress, probably more than her. Mine does not move an inch on the vets table either, got her stitches out of her ears and never moved. The vet kinda laughed, said usually he has to sedaite. Glad u posted story, made me smile !!!

·
In training
1,263 Posts
Cute! I forgot who, but someone on this board has actually been able to train their dog to hold their breath while being examined.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Oh, and what is wrong with her dress? I happen to think she looks very cute. :) She got that dress from her DT Secret Santa and was showing it off.
Don't be upset with my comment. No matter what things us owners put on our dobes, their expressions and body language usually seem to be that of disgust or contempt LOL!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't be upset with my comment. No matter what things us owners put on our dobes, their expressions and body language usually seem to be that of disgust or contempt LOL!
Not upset at all. :) We only pull the dress out for special occasions, and sometimes when we walk around town, she doesn't seem as "aggressive". :)

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
That is hilarious!! I wish Fiona would just hold her breath and stand still. She wants to wiggle and hold hands. And silly little Tali fell asleep with her head in the vet's lap last year before they could give her shots. LOL I swear Tali can sleep anywhere!

I love Nissa in her dress. Sooooo cute! I don't think I ever get tired of making Dobermans look ridiculous. My girls will definitely be sporting santa hats for pictures again this Christmas. :D

Reactions: CoDobe

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And silly little Tali fell asleep with her head in the vet's lap last year before they could give her shots. LOL I swear Tali can sleep anywhere!
:D
We have saying for this in our house :: Narcosleepy. Nissa does it all the time and we say to her "Are you going Narcosleepy on us?" :)

We all know how special this breed is, and hearing your stories just proves my point.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
What a prissy, pretty little feminine thing she is. Now we all know she's smart too!

Reactions: CoDobe
1 - 20 of 20 Posts