Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,066 Posts
I remember chatting with my dad once about the racoon he had had visiting his yard--they can be quite fierce and dangerous with dogs. Suddenly we heard wild abandoned barking coming from the backyard where my dog was out for pottying. "Oh no, it must be that racoon" and we charged out to the yard to find......my dog had found a box turtle, mostly drawn into its shell, motionless and not very big, and was barking ferociously at it. I noticed she had placed herself very carefully at its tail end--you never know whether or not that strange rock might bite!! LOL

Any idea what kind of turtle your puppy was playing with??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Too cute! Their curiosity never disappoints me. How old is Maya? Our's will be 3 months later this week.
She is 4 months old this week. 27lbs. How does that compare? Is she on target... little... big? We just ADORE her. She is for SURE a daddy's girl.

I'm NEVER going back. It's Dobies from here until Jesus comes back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very cute, love the play bowing and tail wagging. Does she have a long tail dock?
And how! Our "breeder" was sort of a joke. I hate the long dock. Thought about going shorter but the vet said it would amount to an amputation this late in her life.

Shrug!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Holy smokes is that video cute, I love how she kept sniffing the turtles' butt as tho he/she was just a weird dog wearing armour. That nubby was going crazy! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
956 Posts
OH MY GOD. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Dobermans and turtles -- my 2 favorite animals!! Thanks for sharing! Love it!!!! :) :)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Ah haha!! That was too cute! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts