Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to a match today, showed rah in 4 classes (which was probably too much for both him and i), but he did reasonably well.

prenovice - we were first in the ring. heeled well, did a SFE, all in all almost perfect on all of it. then, the judge asked us to take the leash off - i was all confused (since prenovice is supposed to be all on lead) but i thought maybe it was novice instead, which we were also entered in. she realized the mistake afterwards and had me repeat the recall on lead, and then we did group sits/stays. rah took a 2nd place in that class , with a 194.5 - most lost points were because he screwed up his finish (that's what happens when mom signals a left finish and gives the verbal for a right finish. besides giving him two commands, i gave two CONFLICTING commands :)

novice wasnt going badly - we had a 195, and rah even did his group exercises perfectly and didnt break ANY stay, and he would have had first place!!!!! but...
after the recall, instead of finished, rah took a victory lap around the ring before doing his finish... we lost full 30 points for leaving the handler... grrrrr...

advanced rally, rah was a butt. he was tired and i took him off leash and he did another victory lap. the judge told me to put him on leash, correct him if needed, and do it FEO - which was fine with me, and he did absolutely perfectly. but on leash. :) at this point he was getting a bit frazzled from exhaustion!

rally novice, rah did well - lost 1 point because he bumped me on the right 360, judge LOVED his left turns (yay for swinging the butt!!!!), and lost 3 points total for SLOOOOOOOW as molasses sits on the 123 station - but a 96 was good enough for first place!!!!!

no rah, you cant eat them.

very obedient obedience dog he is...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Nice scores. Congrats Kim and rah! He is so cute with his ribbons, great pictures of a pretty boy.

Robin and Rex

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
He really is such a cute dog.....and his victory laps...well he was just showing off :). At least he didn't roll over on his back and wiggle around like mine does at the end of his long down stays....I lost 30 points for that maneuver. He looks great with his ribbons.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Yeah Rah for OOO Rah!! :)

I love match shows!!

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Congrats on your GREAT day!!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Congradulations Kim and Rah!!! That does sound like the day got harder on him, but he still did well. He is such a trooper!!! Not to mention his oh so cute character.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Good Job! Love the victory run. In the horse world (when I was in it many years ago--if you won you took a victory run around the ring).
Maybe Rah just knew thats how its really suppose to be done. A little early maybe, but what the heck. He`s a trend setter.:)
Congrats again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts