Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you show your dog at a match, how do you dress? Same as if it was a "real" event, or can you wear casual clothes?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank God!!! lol thanks guys.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
I look like a tramp for ringcraft matches but definately shirt and tie for a show.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
In OB, if you get some crooked sits, like me, then black pants are best if you have a black dog. In OB, don't wear skirts, but most dress up a little, like slacks or nice jeans. I've never done Agility but I think jeans or shorts are fine, whatever you can run in.

·
Premium Member
8,880 Posts
I generally wear black slacks or Khakis for obedience/rally. I've started wearing black slacks more for the reason someone else gave :) . I have some black sneakers also. I know some people wear jeans in the obedience ring, but I don't. It is a show and I just think that jeans don't quite cut it. I can see them more in agility where people are running their butts off - LOL!

For a match show, I generally would wear just khakis, but lots of people wear jeans. I probably will with my next puppy. I'm pretty much a jeans and t-shirt kind of person.

·
Premium Member
10,949 Posts
Very casual is fine for matches of any sort--conformation, obedience, rally.

For obedience the latest obedience protocol says you wear black slacks or skirt (frankly it used to be that only trainers (as in profecssional types) wore that particular uniform in the ring but these days it's supposed to be polite to look a little dressy--they won't likely get me in any obedience ring in anything except jeans and probably t-shirts. Rally is much the same.

For agility if you're lucky and your dog hasn't knocked you down in the ring because you ran into each other your clothes (jeans, shorts, whatever you can run in and is comfortable for you) are still intact. Sometimes you aren't even that lucky.

Anyone want to guess what you wear tracking? LOL!!!! That's always a good laugh--usually waterproof boots of some sort if it's a spring or fall trial. Full blown foul weather gear if it looks like rain. As little as possible if it's a summer trial (thank heavens there are many of those)--and you just hope that the track layers didn't make you go through any blackberries.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all.... and by the way, FiFi took "Best in Match" both days!!!! handled by me. It was a lot of fun!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Way to go. Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow Sorthund, both days!?

Good job! Rosemary will surely bring you cookies for that. :biggrin55
Ha Ha, she better!!! But I'm not sure she knows yet. Now she'll be picking on me big time, lol. See you then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts