Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Master_vinnce is selling his Dobermans on Craigslist...

3K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  MeganUK 
#1 ·
I know it's weird for me to join up here and accuse another member of awfulness, but I needed to. I've lurked here for a while, and daily browse the Craigslists in my area for needy Dobermans. I've read the posts by a certain Master_vinnce about his "rescue" dobermans...so it has made me even more shocked than not to find these two ad's on craigslist:
max (1 1/2 yr Red Doberman
Blk/Tan Doberman
What is wrong with this person?! It case he deletes his ad's, there are screenshots of them below. Sorry they are so small, I can't seem to change that. But you see what it is. :mad:

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
i'm rehomeing max but its not gonna be easy to just pick him up and take him home
i'm not in for the rehomeing fee
if he's gonna be loved and taken care of i don't care for the fee
i want the best for him
i will be checking the house and i will check up on him no exception if not he's staying with me and is not going anywhere

#11 ·
i'm rehomeing max but its not gonna be easy to just pick him up and take him home
i'm not in for the rehomeing fee
if he's gonna be loved and taken care of i don't care for the fee
i want the best for him
i will be checking the house and i will check up on him no exception if not he's staying with me and is not going anywhere
I don't know where Stockton is, otherwise I would look up a Doberman rescue for you.

If you are truly concerned about what is best for Max, I urge you to surrender him to a reputable rescue. Rescues do a much better job rehoming dogs and tend to have a better selection of adoptees than craigslist.

I'm not trying to be pushy or rude, I'm just a fan of rescues :)

#12 ·
You're rehoming one of your dogs because you didn't realize you couldn't handle two males. If you couldn't even tell what dog was appropriate for your situation, how can you expect to tell what homes would be appropriate for your dogs?

Please work with a rescue to rehome one of your dogs, they're experienced in matching up dogs with forever homes.

#16 ·
first of all abby its not that i realized that i coulnt handle two dogs
max was in a bad situation and i took him in the only reason i'm rehoming him is becouse my other male showed aggression towards him and i dont want something to happen i'm doing fine walking each dog at sepreate times and keeping them apart so far it's working out but id rather have someone give him 100% of attention

#17 ·
#18 ·
So, if you weren't rehoming raider, why was the ad up there? It was obviously deleted later, so were you indecisive about which one you wanted to give up? I thought you had max for longer, why are letting him go and not Raider? Please, please contact a rescue group. If you aren't in it for the money, and only want whats best for your dogs, then this is what you SHOULD do.

max was in a bad situation and i took him in the only reason i'm rehoming him is becouse my other male showed aggression towards him and i dont want something to happen i'm doing fine walking each dog at sepreate times and keeping them apart so far it's working out but id rather have someone give him 100% of attention
A well-known trait of the doberman breed is same-sex aggression. If didn't know this about them, what else don't you know? How will you be able to judge whether or not a home is right for them?? Giving one of them (or both) up to a rescue would be best all around. Take the high road.

#19 ·
Vinnce- please, please work with a rescue group to help Max. There are scary people on CL. A good rescue will screen homes properly. When I adopted, I went through an extensive process so the rescue could make sure I was a fit home.

Max already came from a bad place. I urge you to please do what's in his best interest to help him so he doesn't end up a statistic :(

#21 ·
Hi,

I remember you asking earlier about two males together. I think you are trying to do what is right. Hang in there and let the great folks here help you with a rescue group. We are all afraid of Craigslist because you wouldn't believe the stories people can tell you (me) about why they want something and the great home they will give. They could be taking the dog to resell, use as bait for fights, etc. Rescues really put the prospective buyer thru the wringer before allowing a dog to go with them. Let them do the tough work for you. Again, I believe in my heart you are trying to do what is best and act on the advice given to you earlier on this board.

Rotten and Adar have some good contacts for you.

Please stay in touch here and let us know how things are going.

KC/Linda

#23 ·
Too many liars and abusers on craigslist. Your absolute best bet is to surrender Max to a good Doberman rescue. They KNOW the breed. They are experienced. They KNOW what types of homes these dogs require. They do THOROUGH checks and have contracts in place to protect the welfare of the dog.

#24 ·
And the result of this is??????

Not a single word that Master Vinnce is going to place poor Max in the hands of a rescue.

Come on fella, if you care so much you would be on the phone, on the internet, driving down to see them to try and do what is right for your dog.

And why the heck are you getting rid of the lop eared Dobe whom you have had for a long period of time (if I remember correctly, if I am in error I do apologise) instead of the newcomer who is cropped. Perchance the newbie looks more to your liking.

Sorry guys but if it were up to me, the newbie would go before the old timer.

#25 ·
Actually Raider was in the home first. Max is the recent addition according to the thread about cropping ears at 1 1/2 yo. (Tried to link, but don't know how).

#31 ·
The phantom dog poster has it in for Raider I guess...makes me sad male doberman
Judging by the fact that Raider is chained to a tree, the phantom dog poster is doing the poor dog a huge favor. (Well, assuming Raider doesn't go from frying pan to fire, that is.)

Reactions: Sinister
#28 ·
I may sound a bit harsh, but PLEASE do NOT post your dogs on craigslist. In my area, it is the favorite way for dog fighters, backyard breeders, and abusers to find their next victims. Your dogs are not neutered, correct? That's a jackpot for some backyard breeder who is looking to make a buck. If you truly don't care about the "rehoming fee" (aka PRICE) then do what is best and give them to a rescue. So many people here have given you great rescue links...please do what is best for your dogs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.