Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Ameteur Houdini
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's weird for me to join up here and accuse another member of awfulness, but I needed to. I've lurked here for a while, and daily browse the Craigslists in my area for needy Dobermans. I've read the posts by a certain Master_vinnce about his "rescue" dobermans...so it has made me even more shocked than not to find these two ad's on craigslist:
max (1 1/2 yr Red Doberman
Blk/Tan Doberman
What is wrong with this person?! It case he deletes his ad's, there are screenshots of them below. Sorry they are so small, I can't seem to change that. But you see what it is. :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
fist of all max is up for rehoming but raider is not i doon't kno who has posted that add of raider i can not keep two males togther becouse of the male to male aggressiveness.. and i dont want them to fight

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
fist of all max is up for rehoming but raider is not i doon't kno who has posted that add of raider i can not keep two males togther becouse of the male to male aggressiveness.. and i dont want them to fight
I think it's a good idea to rehome Max. However, I would contact your local Doberman rescue to see if they have room for him. Rescues do thorough home checks, get the dogs up-to-date on vaccinations, spay/neuter, and can provide life long support for the dogs. It will be easier for you, and better for Max in the long run.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i'm rehomeing max but its not gonna be easy to just pick him up and take him home
i'm not in for the rehomeing fee
if he's gonna be loved and taken care of i don't care for the fee
i want the best for him
i will be checking the house and i will check up on him no exception if not he's staying with me and is not going anywhere

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
i'm rehomeing max but its not gonna be easy to just pick him up and take him home
i'm not in for the rehomeing fee
if he's gonna be loved and taken care of i don't care for the fee
i want the best for him
i will be checking the house and i will check up on him no exception if not he's staying with me and is not going anywhere
I don't know where Stockton is, otherwise I would look up a Doberman rescue for you.

If you are truly concerned about what is best for Max, I urge you to surrender him to a reputable rescue. Rescues do a much better job rehoming dogs and tend to have a better selection of adoptees than craigslist.

I'm not trying to be pushy or rude, I'm just a fan of rescues :)

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
You're rehoming one of your dogs because you didn't realize you couldn't handle two males. If you couldn't even tell what dog was appropriate for your situation, how can you expect to tell what homes would be appropriate for your dogs?

Please work with a rescue to rehome one of your dogs, they're experienced in matching up dogs with forever homes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
and max was skinny when i got him he since then gained some weight becosue the people that i got him from did not feed him ..he is healthy now the pics i posted were from when he came home with me

·
Registered
19 Posts
first of all abby its not that i realized that i coulnt handle two dogs
max was in a bad situation and i took him in the only reason i'm rehoming him is becouse my other male showed aggression towards him and i dont want something to happen i'm doing fine walking each dog at sepreate times and keeping them apart so far it's working out but id rather have someone give him 100% of attention

·
Registered
9,449 Posts

·
Ameteur Houdini
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, if you weren't rehoming raider, why was the ad up there? It was obviously deleted later, so were you indecisive about which one you wanted to give up? I thought you had max for longer, why are letting him go and not Raider? Please, please contact a rescue group. If you aren't in it for the money, and only want whats best for your dogs, then this is what you SHOULD do.

max was in a bad situation and i took him in the only reason i'm rehoming him is becouse my other male showed aggression towards him and i dont want something to happen i'm doing fine walking each dog at sepreate times and keeping them apart so far it's working out but id rather have someone give him 100% of attention
A well-known trait of the doberman breed is same-sex aggression. If didn't know this about them, what else don't you know? How will you be able to judge whether or not a home is right for them?? Giving one of them (or both) up to a rescue would be best all around. Take the high road.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Vinnce- please, please work with a rescue group to help Max. There are scary people on CL. A good rescue will screen homes properly. When I adopted, I went through an extensive process so the rescue could make sure I was a fit home.

Max already came from a bad place. I urge you to please do what's in his best interest to help him so he doesn't end up a statistic :(

1 - 20 of 34 Posts