Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh...don't let this sweet puppy face fool you...

This is the face of a sleepy pup that was crying all night. Daddy removed the crate pad after several attempts were made to tear it apart.

I'm still mad at him, especially since he's sleeping at home while I'm at work looking and feeling like a zombie.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
The face of an angel...lol...that can do no wrong !!
- I'm convinced, Mom & Dad is blowing this whole problem, way out of porportion...He-He...cute face BTW, they know how to work, the heart strings

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Yes, they make the youngsters cute so we don't strangle them. Then you fall in love and its too late.
I can relate to whiny Dobermans. Puppy Zack is 10 and 1/2 months old. It only took our last male Dobe 5 years to be good. So a little more than 4 years of sleepless nights.

BYW, Duke is very cute!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's been raining for several days here. Which means I'm outside BEGGING him to potty, and he's being destructive in the house due to lack of exercise.

So...let's mentally stimulate. Nope! He wants to bark and reject all training sessions, and when I do treat for something good, he wants to bite down hard on my fingers.

Finally stopped raining at 9:30pm last night. Used the opportunity to walk/jog a quick mile and to finally get him to use the bathroom. I'm praying for no more rain so I can get my sweet pup back and not the demon dog that has possessed our little Duke'ems.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Any foam type of dog bed Ivan has to destroy. Blankets he doesn't touch. And I have one dog bed from Costco, smells like Cedar although I'm it might just be filled with fiber of some sort, he hasn't touched either. I bought a memory foam kitchen mat for his car crate and he left it alone until he flipped it over one day and realized it was foam underneath. The one side has vinyl or something on it. He then proceeded to chew the one corner until I yelled at him.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one dog bed from Costco, smells like Cedar although I'm it might just be filled with fiber of some sort, he hasn't touched either.
We have the Costco bed too that we keep in the livingroom. He hasn't tried chewing on it either, but we're waiting for him to grow into the rest of the crate to put in there.

I got overly eager and figured that since he's been doing so well and hasn't gone to the bathroom in his crate, let's remove the separater and put the entire Costco bed in there. Um...within 10 minutes, he peed all over it in the crate and started crying.

Human lesson learned.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Ivan only got blankets in his crate since he wouldn't chew those. However, for the longest time, he would pee on them. He'd be fine for three days and then pee on them. Fine for two days and then pee on them. Fine for a week and then pee on them. He ended up with nothing soft to lay on pretty frequently. He's been good for a while now though, thankfully, and has managed to keep blanket priveledges. LOL I haven't had the guts to put his Costco bed in there though. I'm afraid over the course of the day it would just prove too tempting for him.

·
kopfgeschlagen
2,671 Posts
Sorry you aren't getting any sleep - I do not miss those nights (and still occasionally have them). My girl has fleece blankets in her crate now because she is also a bed destroyer (or anything else) but seems to leave the fleece blankets mostly alone. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I feel your pain... I really do. To this day I can't sleep more then 5/6 hours without Whiskey wanting to go out. If he's crated he will absolutely scream bloody murder until someone takes him out (this can last HOURS) and then he's fine. If he's in the bedroom he will literally stand on your like you're a surf board. I miss 8 hours of sleep. I really do.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If he's in the bedroom he will literally stand on your like you're a surf board.
When I'm very tired, I'll lay on our runner rug and hope that Duke will stand on my back, treat it like a doggy massage. Instead, I'll just get a paw stomp to the face, or he'll drop a stinky, drooly bully stick onto my face. BLECH!

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
my dog used to go to town on stuffed animals
I wish I could read their mind and figure out why they like pulling out stuffing so much...

·
U got some splain' to do
244 Posts
Maui only starts barking between 6:30 and 7:00am, which is what time I usually get up for work anyways. If she could talk she probably would be yelling "Mom......I need a drink of water and I HAVE to go potty!!!" She has blankets in her crate and she still pees in there. She doesn't chew them but she does chew the ones in the livingroom that the other dogs to use. She does lose her blanket privileges when she pees, but as soon as I put them back in, she pees on them (very stubborn). I'm hoping she will grow out of this. As for the chewing, I give her hooves, antlers, knuckle bones, busy bones but she insists on chewing the blankets. Now I have holely blankets. :rolleyesww:

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I do not believe for one second that, that sweet innocent looking pup could be anything but an angel. It's simply impossible. You must have him mixed up with someone elses dog. :dog:

·
Premium Member
8,432 Posts
I remember all to well when Roxy was a puppy she would be up from 2-5AM screeming and playing of course I was up. Then when it was time to really get up for work her little a$$ would go to sleep. I was among the walking dead for months.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I must be one lucky person because Odin can Sleep in his crate for hours without barking or whining. He doesn't destroy his bedding either or anything isn't suppose to. The only time he whines is if he is trying to get my attention for something he can't reach, when he's excited and if he is in his crate and really has to go out and do his business.

Reactions: Instant Noodle
1 - 17 of 17 Posts