Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I believe the time is soon. Once I find a new home for my foster dog Zoey, I will be looking for a puppy. They are having a litter at the end of this month and I wanted to know what you thought. For $2200 a puppy, she provides health tests, crop&dock (long show crop) etc. Gorgeous dogs and I most likely will not be training her for Shutz or protections. Basically just a lap dog that will go on hikes and swim with me :)
I have already talked to her and might make a trip up there this weekend to put a deposit down on a black baby girl. No male for me unfortunately because my G/F has a male dog as well as her sister.
I know you get what you pay for but $2200 is a lot of coin.
Marquis Dobes

A friend of mine has a dobbie that was considerably less and i will be sure to post that as well.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I've heard good things about them and the dogs are beautiful.
Dreizehn was $2000 and I really do feel like I got what I paid for.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
When I was looking for a puppy from a reputable/ethical breeder on the east coast 3 years ago, the going rate seemed to be anywhere between $1800-$2500. So $2200 does not seem out of line.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where are you located?
Half hour north of Boston so NH isn't to far away from me.

Thank you for the quick responses everyone, I think I will take a trip up this weekend.

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
I think $2200 is reasonable if it's a breeder you like and a breeding you like. When I was looking 3-years ago pups seemed to fall in the $1500 - $3000 range.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just got a lovely pm... thoughts?

Private Message removed by mods to protect privacy of sender.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Half hour north of Boston so NH isn't to far away from me.
Since you are in MA, another breeder you may want to talk to is Kettle Cove. Looks like they had a litter in April, although all pups may already be spoken for.

Although I don't know them personally, I have heard good things about Kettle Cove and Kelly Marquis seems to handle a lot of their dogs in the conformation ring (at least when I lived back there a year ago...).

Our Nursery Page

Good luck in your search!

·
_______
5,102 Posts
Just got a lovely pm... thoughts?
My thoughts are that people coming out of the woodwork - going out of their way to pass on their op in private then have it blasted in regular forum is not going to help the doberman pinscher.

Whatever that opinion may be. This seems to be becoming a trend, blasting pms out of the blue.

I don't have an opinion on this breeder either way but you should have at the very least taken the person's sig off the post. I doubt you'll hear much more in private from hereon.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
I agree on both counts--WTH does "hypothwhichajiggawhat" mean?

I think they may have been aiming for "hypnotized" and missed by a mile <shrug>

I also think it's poor form to put a PM on the public forum, particularly without first consulting a mod/reporting it as harassing, if indeed it seemed an intrusive and impolite communication, to you.

If that was the entirety of the PM, as posted, then it's rather unhelpful and unnecessarily vague and cryptic, sort of spy v. spy, rather than reasonable, accurate information, but still...no reason to share PMs summarily. I betcha you would not appreciate folks sharing something you felt you'd rather discuss privately.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I responded "such as?" and this was the response.

Private Message removed by mods to protect privacy of sender

Thanks everyone for the comments. Me getting a doberman all relies on my foster dog being placed into a new home. Long story short, she has a bite history. If she wasn't able to find a new home within two months than i would keep her. Just really preparing myself if this happens and ill be dogless :(

·
Registered
376 Posts
The Marquis' are in my all-breed club and they've been in Dobes a long time. They are focused in Conformation, although if this is Moody's litter, she does do Rally. I'm told she was bred to Phoenix, a 2011 Top 20 Breed winner. Tali was bred to him last year and had 11 pups - 9 red and 2 fawns.

Keep in mind, too, that if you simply want a Doberman as a friend, the Marquis' are in the same neighborhood (like, a town away) from Doberman Rescue Unlimited in Sandown, NH. Unlikely to have a puppy, but malleable Doberman companions nonetheless. Doberman Rescue Unlimited - that is only a sampling of the dogs they have, there are always more that never make it to the website because they find homes faster than the photos & bios are complete. :nicejob:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts