Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Marking people/dogs

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Phoenix321 
#1 ·
My puppy is 8 months old now and recently has started to mark everything! He has not done it in my house or yard which I'm surprised because he alway has male friends over for his play dates. He does his marking at the park on dogs and people. He has never done it on me but just random people. He gets in trouble when he does it but my question is will he stop marking people and dogs once he is fixed? It's very embarrising :/ thanks for your help

Oh and when do I get kicked out of puppy corner? When he turns one? Lol

#6 ·
Yes I did see this post but I made my own because my pup is twice the age and wanted to know if this could be the more mature side of my dog I am seeing. Phoenix is also closer to the time of getting fixed and I wanted to know if it will help. The other puppy that was 18 weeks(depending on owner but by popular vote on here) is still to young to get fixed. Thanks for link!

#3 ·
Most young boys who have just begun to mark will make a few mindless errors. They tend to be mortified when they realize what they've done, and abjectly apologetic. These boys will self-correct, and are not a problem.

There is a small sub-set of boys who are just plain inappropriate. If your boy is preferentially marking humans and dogs, I would have a drag line on him and this behavior would result in an immediate Come To Jesus Meeting. I don't know what "he gets in trouble" means to you... it should mean that you put the fear of God in him in a loud, angry, outraged voice... seriously go overboard! He should be left with no doubt that his life is yours, and you will not tolerate this behavior.

#5 ·
most young boys who have just begun to mark will make a few mindless errors. They tend to be mortified when they realize what they've done, and abjectly apologetic. These boys will self-correct, and are not a problem.

There is a small sub-set of boys who are just plain inappropriate. If your boy is preferentially marking humans and dogs, i would have a drag line on him and this behavior would result in an immediate come to jesus meeting. I don't know what "he gets in trouble" means to you... It should mean that you put the fear of god in him in a loud, angry, outraged voice... Seriously go overboard! He should be left with no doubt that his life is yours, and you will not tolerate this behavior.
amen! Amen! Amen!

#11 ·
Jones used to mark men... just men... you know what his "come to Jesus meeting" was.... You pee on one more person, you lose them

You know what happend?
SNIP SNIP...

Haven't had an issue since.

#13 ·
I'm sorry stopped responding I did not realize how many more people posted! Thanks for everyone input. Phoenix did get fixed and has been with same friends dogs that he was marking and same people and we have not had any problems(knock on wood) I am not saying getting him fixed cured him or it was him getting his head handed to him when he did it but it hopefully has stopped for good.

Thanks everyone :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.