Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys.

Our boy started a new hobby this weekend. On Friday (maybe Saturday?), our cat was laying on our duvet and 'Gon decided he was going to mark her, and subsequently mark our bed. It was his first time doing this, so we didn't think much of it. We didn't catch him in the act so I just cleaned it up, washed everything, and moved on.

Then today, I am in the kitchen chopping veggies for dinner and he is standing next to me, staring at the cat (who is playing with something on the back of a chair about 12 feet away). I look up, and see a 12 foot line of pee - all the way to the cat and back.

He knew what he did was wrong because as soon as I looked at him he ran into his crate and Kaye's down. I sort of shamed him - "What did you dooooo? Outside!" I took him outside, he emptied his bladder with just as much pee, if not more, and pooped. He is now is in crate and I don't know what to do!

He also pooped TWICE in the exercise room this weekend - which he has never done before. Both times he was less than a foot from my SO while he was working (its being remodeled).

Any advice on how to stop this? The cat and 'Gon get along fine as far as I can tell, we've never had an issue. He is 11 months old as of today. He is very reliably potty trained and rings his bell every time he needs to go out. I'm so confusedddd :confused:

·
Bad Wolf
960 Posts
I'd do some tethering in the house so he is never not supervised. Silly boys. Soon as you see the look out we go!

Reactions: bigfootlives

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
BF, I have no suggestions. But, I must confess that your post made me giggle a bit remembering the time I came around the corner and caught my then 8 year old son standing outside of the bathroom trying to see if he could pee into the toilet from the hallway....boys will be boys. And I bet Egon will quickly understand that while it was a cool trick to mark the cat from 12' away, it didn't make momma happy. :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts