Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Sorry guys posted wrong link.https://www.facebook.com/gcanimalcare. here is dobie in florida:(
I can't seem to find him on here anymore:( praying we weren't tooo late..
You know, I know folks have mentioned this to you, before.

It would be a really good idea, to do some investigation and legwork, prior to you posting links and situations.

People reading DO get emotionally upset and involved, and oftentimes the dog is already in a safe placement at a rescue, or has been adopted, or is already euth'd--in which case, nothing can be done at that point, obviously.

If you take a few minutes and call the agency that has the dog, confirm it's still there, find out whether it's at imminent risk of PTS, and if they will work with a rescue and/or private foster home--that would be REALLY helpful.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know, I know folks have mentioned this to you, before.

It would be a really good idea, to do some investigation and legwork, prior to you posting links and situations.

People reading DO get emotionally upset and involved, and oftentimes the dog is already in a safe placement at a rescue, or has been adopted, or is already euth'd--in which case, nothing can be done at that point, obviously.

If you take a few minutes and call the agency that has the dog, confirm it's still there, find out whether it's at imminent risk of PTS, and if they will work with a rescue and/or private foster home--that would be REALLY helpful.
I live in canada!! Sorry you feel that way:( I post to several sites and yes I do try and find out the scoop on the dog.. isn't crossposting and networking the way TO save dogs??

·
Registered
716 Posts
I want to help! I left a late night 1 am message at the pound. I hope they call me later this morning. I was also approved by DAN but haven't had the home inspection yet... I hope I can help... I would be so happy to...

·
Registered
716 Posts
He is still there everyone! (RFR)

The Rescue information has been sent to "Lake Placid Doberman Rescue. "Gary" is the mans name but, no one has hurd back from this rescue yet. The Dober boy is still there and "Vicky" will be calling me back later today to speek with me more.

Now I need to figure out how to get ahold of DAN if he wants to help or what the protocal for this is....
I was approved to foster but, I haven't had my home check yet.
I am trying for the big dober boy!!!
Maybe I'll hear a few pitter patters of big paws in the house before Christmas.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
He is still there everyone! (RFR)

The Rescue information has been sent to "Lake Placid Doberman Rescue. "Gary" is the mans name but, no one has hurd back from this rescue yet. The Dober boy is still there and "Vicky" will be calling me back later today to speek with me more.

Now I need to figure out how to get ahold of DAN if he wants to help or what the protocal for this is....
I was approved to foster but, I haven't had my home check yet.
I am trying for the big dober boy!!!
Maybe I'll hear a few pitter patters of big paws in the house before Christmas.[/QUOTE

THANK YOU soooo much hermewmew!!! I knew someone out there could possibly save this boy!! you just made my christmas:roflmao::nicejob::thanx::D because NO matter what its all about saving these dogs!!! YAHHHHH!!!!

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
I live in canada!! Sorry you feel that way:( I post to several sites and yes I do try and find out the scoop on the dog.. isn't crossposting and networking the way TO save dogs??
I'm confused.

You're angry, because I'm taking the time to coach you to be MORE EFFECTIVE in rescuing Dobermans?

Okaaaay.

If you can find the boy online from Canada, you can also long-distance do the legwork.

It seems a total novice, HerMewMew, was able to do so.

If it's confirmed he's still there, then folks CAN help and will want to do so.

Geez, we're all on the same side, and I don't understand the angst about being guided to be a more effective and efficient aide to those who are trying to rescue all these dogs in need.

Merry Christmas!

P.S. Sorry forgot to answer your question, but NO--crossposting is absolutely, unequivocally NOT the "way to save dogs" unless and until someone steps up to the plate to investigate the dog's actual current situation. Crossposting dogs who are "already in the works" or adopted, or euth'd just fouls communication up, slows things down, creates confusion, and possibly delays another dog who is on death row in getting pulled out in time, 'cause folks wasted time on a wild goose chase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts