Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has aquired a male Dobe about a year and half old, cropped ears, and docked tail really large dog, NICE!
He needs to find a home for him if anyone in the area is interested.:lol2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to give them a phone number for a doberman rescue group in our area, this dog was tied up on on short leash in a yard,the people that owned him, lived in a apartment, and could not keep him,so this guy took him in,because he felt so sorry for the dog, he just had him neutered, but cannot keep him as he has 4 other dogs,so between me and my vet we are trying to find this dog a good home. He doesn't have any history on the dog, except that the people who owned him paid quite a lot for him.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I hope he finds a good home soon, thank you for helping him! Getting him into a good Dobermann rescue would be best for him, they're experts at finding good homes. The wrong type of person could be attracted by saying he really large.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
has any of the 'owners' ever contacted the breeder of the dog? oooops, i see they do not know who the breeder is.

another poor unwanted dobie, so freakin' sad. :(

I hope a rescue will take him in and help him find his forever home.

Hugz to ya big guy! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in Southeast Missouri and have rescued 4 Dobies over the past 20 years. The King of our home, Jack, just passed February 21st of DCM and, although we are heartbroken and unable to even go in the family room, we might be willing to take this poor guy in. Sounds like he needs the "prince" treatment after what he's been through. What part of Central Illinois?

Contact me at [email protected] or through here. :)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Has he been scanned for a microchip? If he is chipped, and happens to be from a good breeder, they'd want him back.

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
This is a weird story. The owners lived in an apartment but had him tied in the yard?? Someone just took him? Does that mean they stole him?? Now he is potentially being adopted out through the internet (no home check, no rescue managing the process, no attempt to find the breeder)?? I certainly would not want a dog to suffer but who knows the actual story behind this dog? Is he socialized to people and other dogs? Is he neutered? If not, will he just be used for breeding?

Not a great set-up for a rehome it seems to me. Hoping this all works out okay for the dog.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whoa, to triciakoontz , no one took the dog he was given up freely, and they don't know who the breeder is, he's neutered and is living w/ 2 other dogs, wow can stories get out of control.;)
I am just trying to find a home for the dog, and will pass on info for the Doberman rescue group to the guy, but he would like to find a home for him. So if anyone out there is interested, please contact me.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
There is another person on the "Rescue forum" in Michigan looking for a c/d young male! Maybe you to could talk and figure out a way to transport him!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I just saw this story on the IDR, just goes to show you no matter how hard you try, their are no guarantee that any dog will have a good home, people that do this to their dogs should be made to starve themselves, there was a. Judge who put a lady in jail for 5 days, because she starved her dog,,he made her eat only bread and water, said she would realize after a couple days what that poor dog went through.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Yes I just saw this story on the IDR, just goes to show you no matter how hard you try, their are no guarantee that any dog will have a good home, people that do this to their dogs should be made to starve themselves, there was a. Judge who put a lady in jail for 5 days, because she starved her dog,,he made her eat only bread and water, said she would realize after a couple days what that poor dog went through.

The nice thing about going through rescue he was chipped and returned to us

1 - 18 of 18 Posts