Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a black male Doberman from a good, reputable breeder somewhere in or around North Carolina. The dog isn't for breeding or show, but I still want him to come from a good, solid bloodline.

Has anyone had any experience buying around this area?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I'm looking to get a black male Doberman from a good, reputable breeder somewhere in or around North Carolina. The dog isn't for breeding or show, but I still want him to come from a good, solid bloodline.

I know of 2 up coming litters in Kentucky and a possible one in TN at this time. I would be happy to tell you about them.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Reactions: GingerGunlock

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts

Welcome to DT, and good luck in your search.

I'm sure you already know, but just in case, you should check the pedigree of each litter you might consider VERY carefully, for incidences of cardio disease, especially close-up cardio.

Sadly, there are still litters being bred where it's only one generation away.

Of course, there are other breed health issues, but that is the biggie. Ask for copies of all health testing on the parents of any puppy you are seriously considering.

And, if you do find a pup, be sure to come back with pup pictures--a sure way to please the folks on DT :D

Reactions: jywel417

·
Shake n' Bake
839 Posts
There are several good breeders in your area :) No need to come all the way to TN or KY.

I believe Logres is expecting a litter, a lot of people here have Goldgrove Dobermans and love them. Kachina and Philmar are also in your immediate area :)

Check the DPCA site for a breeder referral then contact breeders, ask on here for people's experiences ( a lot of people who appear helpful and reputable are NOT) Remember, getting a puppy basically means you gain an extended family with the breeder so you want to be sure you and your breeder get along :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts