Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, Nubis'sMom put little Nubis in his crate the other morning and went to work. SHe came home a few hours later, for lunch and play with the little boy.
Low and behold, when she came in the door, Bucko, is laying on the couch. Apparently, the top latch was not fully seated and he pushed the door open, once he seen it was not fully closed. We have entertained the thought, our one in Magician cat Merlin, possibly helped him escape.

We got lucky, as the only culprits laying around were two facecloths, on the floor. Of course I did a full inventory and nothing is missing or any upholstery changes throughout the house.

We also believe, he hadnt been out long, cuz I am sure without supervision Rowdy boy would have did some carpentry work with his crocodile jaws.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Nubis is a little Houdeenie...so much for being crate trained / when they have the desire to escape, the confined space.

We first tested Amy at 4.5 months old alone and unsupervised...first time 10 minutes, second time 30 minutes, then for a few hours.
First time alone - Amy only chewed my baseball cap and shreaded a newspaper...was corrected after the fact / and she still got the message.
B/c after that initial day, she was perfect in the house...waiting on the leather couch...for someone to come home.
- we where very happy, she could be trusted so young...as once she got a paw stuck trying to get out of the crate
- crate was never liked by Amy...she learned how to cry for hours straight, in a crate....so when we could get rid of it,,,Yeah

Havn't seen new pics of Nubis lately, (I know your busy with new job)...I bet he is growing up fast.
- Now I would be testing Nubis outside the crate some more, since he didn't wreck the couch or chew the coffee table leg...this first time out / provided he only chews his toys when supervised

·
Collar Connoisseur
908 Posts
lol you certainly are lucky this time, next time there will be some sheetrock work and some fudge pops. Well, at least thats what mine likes to do haha

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boy OH Boy,you got lucky! Until our Sarge was 1 1/2 years old he would naw on the carpet in our living room (area rug), if no one was watching him.
Thanks.
Nubis's only preference, is something hard, so he can crush it, like a car crusher. I think once his teeth has fully seated maybe he will get out of the habit.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Haha! What a little turd :)

I'll tel you what, when you've owned a Siberian husky you will be checking locks no less than 10 times! Zelda has ruined me, lol.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nubis is a little Houdeenie...so much for being crate trained / when they have the desire to escape, the confined space.

We first tested Amy at 4.5 months old alone and unsupervised...first time 10 minutes, second time 30 minutes, then for a few hours.
First time alone - Amy only chewed my baseball cap and shreaded a newspaper...was corrected after the fact / and she still got the message.
B/c after that initial day, she was perfect in the house...waiting on the leather couch...for someone to come home.
- we where very happy, she could be trusted so young...as once she got a paw stuck trying to get out of the crate
- crate was never liked by Amy...she learned how to cry for hours straight, in a crate....so when we could get rid of it,,,Yeah

Havn't seen new pics of Nubis lately, (I know your busy with new job)...I bet he is growing up fast.
- Now I would be testing Nubis outside the crate some more, since he didn't wreck the couch or chew the coffee table leg...this first time out / provided he only chews his toys when supervised
Thanks
Thats awesome, about Amy being so trusted at such an early age. I really think its the females, my Lady was next to perfect left unsurpervised. as she would just sleep and pout.
I think once his teeth are not bugging him, I might start expanding his area and time limit exposure unsurprised. Finally, he has only one baby K9 left. It took him awhile to shake some of his baby teeth and had doubles, which was worrrying me a little, but i kept monitoring their decay color. Luckily we have tons of knuckle bones, and bones around.
Yeah, he is getting bigger and taller. I have to weight him again, cuz he has to be minumum 70lbs. His chest is still has his point to it, so once he fills out there, he will be broader.
I have to get on the pics, this is only the latest i have. Eeeringly, Nubis'sMom, gave me these Cordoba Doberman sunglasses as a stocking stuffer two years ago. ( I think she was planting the seed but I put them away, as it hurt too much, to have anything Doberman around me, even after all these years).
I have to fashion a chin strap for them, and Nubis and I can walk with our shades on. hahaha.

Edit: Ooops forgot, maybe i will have a graduation picture today, as Nubis's last day at OB school, is in an hour.
He got second prize (a free nail trim, woohooo) last week, cuz he beat the clock with sit stays, in a competition. Little bugger would have winned it, but he faked a sit and I had to turn him around again and do it again, where he would place his butt on the ground insteads of inches away. LOL

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol you certainly are lucky this time, next time there will be some sheetrock work and some fudge pops. Well, at least thats what mine likes to do haha
Thanks.
I dont want to even think of what he could have done. Grant it, I have to give credit where credit is deserved, he hasnt really destroyed anything yet, except his own dog bed but we have always supervised him like a hawk.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha! What a little turd :)

I'll tel you what, when you've owned a Siberian husky you will be checking locks no less than 10 times! Zelda has ruined me, lol.
Thanks
Yeah, turd is about it, If I had came in and seen him, I prolly would have spoiled my pants. I wouldnt put anything past Nubis, if his nails were longer, he prolly figure out how to hold down both latches and let himself out.

Reactions: ZeldaRules

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I didn't securely latch the bottom latch once. When my mom and I came home Dreizehn trotted down the stairs, bullystick in mouth, looking SUPER proud of himself. We had been gone for three hours and had no idea how long he had been out. He followed us, nub wagging enthusiastically, as we checked the house for damaged furniture or small missing pieces. We don't think he touched ANYTHING but the bullystick and he seemed so proud.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't securely latch the bottom latch once. When my mom and I came home Dreizehn trotted down the stairs, bullystick in mouth, looking SUPER proud of himself. We had been gone for three hours and had no idea how long he had been out. He followed us, nub wagging enthusiastically, as we checked the house for damaged furniture or small missing pieces. We don't think he touched ANYTHING but the bullystick and he seemed so proud.
Thanks
"I think they know"
From what Nubis'sMom said, that is about how Nubis was reacting, kinda like "hey Mom, just chilling here, waiting for you to come home" LOL

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
I learned that "trick" the first time I left Basil in his crate unsupervised for 20 mins...came home to puppers at the door :)

Now I check at least 3 times that both top and bottom are firmly seated in the holes and pins are sprung. ;)

I tried him in the crate for car travel the other day....he hated it. (cried almost the whole trip) ....reverse trip I kept him in the harness instead and he happily went went to sleep.

·
Got mutt?
13,843 Posts
Don't forget, if you have a two door crate, make sure both doors are securely latched.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts