Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Make a plan to meet at Nationals

2K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  miranadobe 
#1 ·
I see many DT members will be at the Nationals.
We should plan a day, time and place to meet.

How does Wednesday about 6PM at the Host Hotel in the bar area for a drink sound?

Reactions: txsaphire and lemon
#7 ·
WE can do thursday.. I'll be there from Tuesday till Sunday

#9 · (Edited)
I could do the get together Wed night. I leave Thurs morning.

Sounds like maybe there should be an "early birds" get together and a "late week" get together. Just post what the majority says works for them if sticking to one evening.

In KY (2009) DT'ers tried to sit together for the Top 20 Obedience which is Wed night, and then the younger group went out for a very late dinner. (I went to walk my dog and go to bed!)

#15 ·
I can do either, I will be there from Saturday, Oct 1st to Saturday, Oct 8th - really looking forward to catching up with everyone

#16 ·
I'll won't get there until Thurs Oct 6th :-( I'm so excited to be going!

Also, I just found out that there is only one other AOH Blk Bitch entry for the nationals, so I will get a nice rosette for sure Wooohoooo!!!

We can use all the cheers we can get, so to all fellow DT folks, come on and cheer Journey and I on on Friday Oct 7th in the AOH Blk Bitch class! I'll post what colour outfit I'll be wearing after I go shopping this weekend!

#18 ·
I'll have my lap top with me..

Reactions: Reds
#19 ·
Did we decide when we are meeting up?

#23 ·
My friend will be stewarding in Rally tomorrow (Sat), and we'll be competing on Tuesday, both of us attending the Obed seminar Weds. We both have DRU dogs. (I nominated her dog for the Judith Felton award and was really disappointed she didn't win. Her dog was returned to rescue twice before age 2. My friend worked so hard in Obedience to give her a job, that they ended up nationally ranked in Rally twice - was the #1 Working Dog in Rally Combined 2009, too, became temporarily paralyzed last year w/a spinal injury. Her rehab therapists credit all her Obed training w/accelerating her recovery and now she's working as a therapy dog in a hospital for patients with brain and spinal injuries! She's coming out for Veterans Obed as a 10 1/2 yr old on Tues. I have to imagine the dog who did win the award must be some pretty outstanding and amazing dog and would love to go next Friday to watch the award presentation. Rescued Dobes are close to my heart, obviously. :)

Aaannnyway, sorry, I digress. Hope I'll get a chance to meet some of you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.