Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Making just one thread to update and keep all the photos of Mabel and the rest of the gang that I have and will take. :)

First up, Mabels day at work with me, she loves being at daycare and running around one of the two acre yards we have
(no pictures of the other dogs though since I didn't get a chance to ask their owners)

More to come

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey! What kind of camera did you get?

Pretty giiirl. :)
The Nikon Coolpix L120 and I love it!!! Now if only I could learn Gimp faster, then I could edit a few of them to look even nicer!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Her cousins Nimble (red) and Naomi (black) almost 10 months old --

I love Naomi, she's my work dog/Booger Butt

SMILE!

Keeping Guard

Sitting on my foot and leaning all of herself against me as usual......

Nimble

So happy those ears finally stood! She was the only one in the litter who had ear problems, everyone else's just stood within the first week after stitches were out!
But then again she is pretty stubborn....

These toys are all mine....and I stole them :D

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The devil...I mean absolutely adorable non furniture rearranging totally innocent and harmless cat : Hallie

In her window seat with it's new foam cushioned bed

Hey mom, somebody messed up the rug....I swear it wasn't me

Hannah the collie, smooth sable merle

And then some of Mabel and Hannah choosing not to enjoy the shockingly warm day and wanting to come in.....:rolleyesww: So I made them stay for a few pictures before wandering off to nap.

Nap time!

Had to show off ONE of her new collars...She's stalking hannah lol

·
Got mutt?
13,821 Posts
Cool pictures. If I ever got a collie, I'd want a smooth. I don't think I've ever seen, or even heard of, a "sable merle" before. Any ideas how that color combo happened?

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool pictures. If I ever got a collie, I'd want a smooth. I don't think I've ever seen, or even heard of, a "sable merle" before. Any ideas how that color combo happened?
It's actually quite common but not in the show ring (controversy on class placement) which then means you don't see it often.
It's easily attainable through a merle and sable breeding.
The controversy on classes comes from the eyes, some have merle eyes so cant go in sable class but aren't the proper color for merle class either, that would be Hannah (one blue, one brown) the other with solid brown eyes should be allowed in the sable class but not every judge feels that way and it may be a waste of money to put in your entry then. They're showing up more and more now though as a lot of people are growing to like it.

We have always had smooths with only one rough, the coat is so much more manageable!

I can't keep up haha this is great I get to see pics of Mabel all day :)
Lol, well I think I'm done for today, everyones naping and the 300 photos on my camera in two days seems like enough.....for now ;) :roflmao:

·
Got mutt?
13,821 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. Learn something new every day. I know that there are red merle Australian Shepherds, but I had never seen a merle Collie that wasn't a blue merle. You don't see too many Collies around here, anyway.

Reactions: Sherryh and Sam1491

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the explanation. Learn something new every day. I know that there are red merle Australian Shepherds, but I had never seen a merle Collie that wasn't a blue merle. You don't see too many Collies around here, anyway.
Np, and yea getting merle variations is actually pretty easy for the most part.
We have tons! of collies up here, our big multi state rescue is always pretty full but with an amazing turn around on rehomeing them, and my mom being in collies gets me close and personal with the breeders that are very close to our house as well as the rest of the state/region, so between that and where I work I'm surrounded by collie and dober puppies all the time :D

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I lied about being done :p, but mabels brand spankin new aggitation harness and red jute bite pillow got here while we were already playing in the yard and who can resist......

Play Time

Guard the Yard Break

Oh it's just Riley....

Black and Whites

She has to watch everything I do......

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A day in the life of the dober dork

First you work on walking in a straight line......

When that fails you proceed to run around the yard like a cheetah on crack, huffing, puffing, and galloping away.....

After that we have to parade around with toys as show mom what we have because well who doesn't love a ball on a rope! or plain ole tennis ball. But don't take it, it's mine!

Then every once and awhile we have to stop, smell the "breeze" and chew on our toys until mom yells at me.....

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was wondering why my foot was so cold/damp/warm last night.....

Then this is lazy butt after her play in the yard...

First you tell grandma how tired you are...

Then you go curl up...

We love our sting ray....we tore his throat out but we love him...

Then we unfurl....

Dober feet and face

1 - 20 of 43 Posts