Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So glad he is doing well! I appreciate you sharing your journey and insight. I decided to try CHOP with Kaiser and see how he handles it. He also is having similar side effects from the Prednisone which makes me question it.
Any update on Kaiser? How is he doing?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
WOW, it's hard for me to believe it's been 2 months since I noticed Kato's enlarged lymph nodes!! The first few weeks trying to get a diagnosis and plan felt like 1 year. This Friday is week 6 of CHOP. He recovered so well after the Doxorubicin that at his follow up appointment the following week they went ahead and gave Vincristine chemo. Normally that is their "off week" because it knocks them down so much. All of his labs have been normal every week. WBC, RBC, and neutrophils.... Kind of weird if you ask me! Hopefully the chemo is working. I swear his lymph nodes change everyday, sometimes I have a hard time finding them, sometimes they are soft, sometimes harder. Just an observation I've made. Sometime I wonder if he has cancer at all (I wish). Anyway, we are taking him and our other fur baby Dixie, a 12 year old lab mix to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for hiking and exploring water falls. The vet decided to give him this week off of chemo since we will be in BFE 8 hours away from home. He's going in for blood work tomorrow because I have concerns about his kidney function, he is drinking and urinating a lot, which I thought was the Prednisone so we finally stopped that a couple of days ago. The vet said we will really be able to tell if he is in remission once he's off the Prednisone, so send good vibes!!! 2 days and so far so good but time will tell....

·
Premium Member
8,408 Posts
Hoping everything works out…enjoy your time together hiking and having fun.
Get some of those great PICs for us ….

41 - 44 of 44 Posts