Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have question. I really want to get my dog neutured. But Im afraid with his lymes disease he wont come back out of the anastesia. He is 5 years old and hes terrible around other dogs. Loves other dogs and just wants to go for the areas on other dogs, even males. Im hoping him being neutured at this age is not to late for him to stop doing this. Also, I have to have him neutured to join other Doberman rescues which is one of my goals right now. I would love to adopt or foster other dobermans that need homes. But with the way my doberman is its just not a possibility.

My question is, is he more at risking of dying since he has lymes getting neutured?

Sometimes he loses some of his weight then it comes back. Do you think this is the right decision?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I should of stated this also... to the comment above. My vet is ready to neuture him but sometimes I feel like vets like to make money. So I just wanted some opinions on here.

·
Super Moderator
15,530 Posts
Sorry I should of stated this also... to the comment above. My vet is ready to neuture him but sometimes I feel like vets like to make money. So I just wanted some opinions on here.
Vets wouldn't be vets if they wanted to make money... They would be human doctors. If you don't have a vet that you trust that's a shame; maybe you should find another?

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
If that is your only reason for neutering and his health is risky, I would not neuter. I don't think those behaviors are going to change much at this stage in the game. Training and management would be the key.

Reactions: mmctaq
1 - 5 of 5 Posts