Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

this morning after a short walk, I noticed a small lump inside Rosa's lip. What it could be? it is gray, not leaking any fluid or bleeding.

Any comments? I'm a worried daddy :)

·
MOATS
1,922 Posts
Hard to really see in the photo, but perhaps papilloma virus aka puppy warts.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Zeus had Papilloma Virus when he was a pup. Trust me, I was just as worried. I took him to three or four different vets to try to diagnose it and get rid of it. (he was banned from protection training once it was discovered) There were a couple of vets who said that they could operate on it to remove it but the price range for both was around $300. SHEESH way too much for a wart that was supposed to go away on its own. Another vet said that she could, essentially, pinch it off with tweezers of some kind. That way the top of the wart would be removed while leaving the base of it inside his lip. It was supposed to speed up the process of developing an immunity to it. She was only asking for $80 to do it. I went for it since I wanted to put him back into protection training as soon as possible.

Zeus went in and stayed for the night so that they could keep an eye on him. The warts were all removed (he had 3) and within a week, you couldn't even tell that he had ever had warts. Don't worry. If it is puppy warts, it will go away on its own. If there is no need to speed up the process, there's no point in spending money to get it removed.

Although I would see a vet to confirm what it is.

-Good luck :doctor:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

By chance, she has the scheduled app for being spayed this Friday. The vet will take a look and see.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Looks like a papilloma to me too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, puppy warts. She is at home now, resting on the sofa. She was spayed also. Looks a bit sad... I feel sad but happy she's at home.

Something that I don't understand is, Vet did not send that to biopsy...hmm...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts