Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a cropped young black female Dobe, more of the rugged European-style look than a leggy long-muzzled Greyhound look. Prefer the medium sized Dobes vs giant, and healthy lineage.

In other words...we want another one just like our beloved old show-ring dropout, Addy.

Our first Dobe, we couldn't have gotten a better dog. Bred by the now-defunct Pinnacle, from Brykris and Elhaus lines, our old girl has been quite healthy, energetic, and looks nowhere near her age of 12 (as of February). Our indoor pet/canine security chief, Addy is super-obedient, funny, and easy to manage as long as "all the trains run on time". She is amazing with kids. And beautiful. She also travels well. She still prances, and literally stops traffic when we walk her in the neighborhood. Even at this age her coat is thick and plush, and shines like it's been oiled. And she only has a few lumps and bumps and grey hairs, mostly on her muzzle, and around her paw pads.

So, if anyone knows a breeder anywhere near my area, with either a puppy or a young adult, I may be interested. We are not interested in showing or at this time, in competition of various kinds.

BTW we didn't realize what a phenomenal dog we'd gotten until we started looking for another one! DeWeeses, if you are out there reading this, here's a big "thank you" from the Daveys in BR!

If I can figure out how to get a good pic of Addy up on my profile, eventually I will.:thanx:

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I don't know about Louisiana, but TX does have some good breeders. Check the DPCA Breeders Referral.

Brykris is still active, although they are in Florida. You may find that you will need to travel to find the right pup.

Welcome to DT and good luck with your search.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I'm not sure there are any reputable breeders in Louisiana.

Texas has some great breeders but I"m not entirely sure if any of them breed European dogs (if there is a Euro breeder, someone will correct me). There are tons of people on the forum with Texas dobes, myself included. My boy is from Rhapsody in Austin.

Avianactics is right, you may need to travel for the right puppy.

·
Extraordimary
4,959 Posts
I owned a red boy from the DeWeese's first litter. Is Addy from Bonnie's second litter then? I have contact info for them if you want it, but they aren't breeding, as it seems you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts