Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heart is shattered in a million pieces after losing my beautiful red boy but I am trying to continue on..

I was wondering if anybody knows of a reputable breeder that is planning on a litter sometime soon. I am looking for a companion dog, so no need for them to be "show quality"(although I prefer that ear crop style). I am located in Seattle, but very willing to travel. Would prefer to stay in this quadrant of the country. Also I'm close to Canada but unsure about the process of buying over there(not sure they've opened the border yet..). I've reached out to a few between WA, OR and ID but none seem to be doing much at the moment. Hoping someone knows someone I haven't heard about..

Thank you so much for your time <3

-Kelsey Accetta

Attachments

·
Big Lil pup
7,299 Posts
Hi Kelsey. Welcome. I am also from the Pacific NW. I am sorry for the loss of your boy.

I agree with what G_R posted ^^^^

Beyond that... We are fortunate to have many good breeders here in the PNW. If you use the Search Community feature at the top of the page, you can pull up a lot of discussions that involve NW Doberman breeders,

Our last 4 boys have been from Foxfire in Sunny Valley/Wolf Creek, OR. Foxfire has both a website and a Facebook presence. The website has not been updated in quite sometime, but the contact info is correct. Their Facebook page is current and has regular contributions.

Michelle Santana (Foxfire) is a well known, reputable Doberman breeder. She titles her dogs and performs all the necessary health testing of the Dams and Sires. Foxfire pups come to their new home cropped and docked with all the shots and vet care appropriate for their age.

My son's current Foxfire pup just turned 11 months old. We could not be happier with him.

One thing. Even in the best of times and under the best circumstances, getting the right Dobe pup can be a bit time consuming and even frustrating. Given that these are neither the best of times or circumstances, you may have to exercise some patience in you pursuit of a new Dobe puppy.

In any case, best to you in your search

John L.
Portland OR

·
Premium Member
11,413 Posts
My heart is shattered in a million pieces after losing my beautiful red boy but I am trying to continue on..

I was wondering if anybody knows of a reputable breeder that is planning on a litter sometime soon. I am looking for a companion dog, so no need for them to be "show quality"(although I prefer that ear crop style). I am located in Seattle, but very willing to travel. Would prefer to stay in this quadrant of the country. Also I'm close to Canada but unsure about the process of buying over there(not sure they've opened the border yet..). I've reached out to a few between WA, OR and ID but none seem to be doing much at the moment. Hoping someone knows someone I haven't heard about..

-Kelsey Accetta
If you haven't already gone to the Doberman Pinscher Club of America site (dpca.org) and checked the breeder listing for Washington State you should do that--there are a number of excellent breeders listed around the Seattle area. Some are not actively breeding but worth contacting because the can often suggest breeders who aren't listed that may have litters in the planning stage.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your boy but you really have a number of good breeders around Seatlle.

dobebug

·
Registered
17 Posts

i got my girl two weeks ago from a breeder in Kamloops BC and she may still have one or two available. Contact Lana at Legendale. The borders are open. The Sire was Rock my world who is a Foxfire. my heart goes out to you, I still cry over our boy that we lost last November 😢

-Kelsey Accetta

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m so sorry for your great loss 😢
I just got my girl two weeks ago from Lana at Legendale in Kamloops BC. Our borders are open and I suggest you contact her to see if she still has one left. She had one unspoken for when I picked up my Kona.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Incredibly majestic boy, and now that you're ready do make sure the breeder is a reputable one... even come here and get some feedback. It may take a little longer to get your new best friend, but keep in mind it may take a little longer now but those extra & healthier years together will be more than worth it. I'm planning for a female about a year plus from now so already looking as my boy grows & matures.

The other thing you can consider is rescuing a Dobie, a good rescue can do a great job matching you up.

·
Big Lil pup
7,299 Posts
@ Konagirl

"i got my girl two weeks ago from a breeder in Kamloops BC and she may still have one or two available. Contact Lana at Legendale. The borders are open. The Sire was Rock my world who is a Foxfire. my heart goes out to you, I still cry over our boy that we lost last November 😢
-Kelsey Accetta"

Hi Kelsey. Welcome from another Pacific NW denizen.

My son got a new pup earlier this year from Foxfire. He is 11 months old. His sire is also Foxfire's Rock My World. How did they get Rock and your pup's dam together with the total border closing? Or was it done AI? Just curious.

Also... How about introducing yourself in the New Member Introduction forum. You can access it via the link on the righthand side of this page. It would be great to get some photos of your new girl. Oh... and a name too! LOL.

John L.
Portland OR

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got my girl two weeks ago from Lana at Legendale in Kamloops BC. Our borders are open and I suggest you contact her to see if she still has one left. She had one unspoken for when I picked up my Kona.
[/QUOTE
@ Konagirl

"i got my girl two weeks ago from a breeder in Kamloops BC and she may still have one or two available. Contact Lana at Legendale. The borders are open. The Sire was Rock my world who is a Foxfire. my heart goes out to you, I still cry over our boy that we lost last November 😢
-Kelsey Accetta"

Hi Kelsey. Welcome from another Pacific NW denizen.

My son got a new pup earlier this year from Foxfire. He is 11 months old. His sire is also Foxfire's Rock My World. How did they get Rock and your pup's dam together with the total border closing? Or was it done AI? Just curious.

Also... How about introducing yourself in the New Member Introduction forum. You can access it via the link on the righthand side of this page. It would be great to get some photos of your new girl. Oh... and a name too! LOL.

John L.
Portland OR
hi John,

not sure how that ended up looking like it was from Kelsey and my apologies to her. I am brand new and still figuring out how it works. I was trying to respond to Kelsey to give her a breeder here in Canada to try. I’m sure her heart is very heavy right now. 😢 thank you for letting me know about the new member introduction area.
Tracy Y.

·
Super Moderator
22,832 Posts
Hey Kelsey -

I'm not sure if there are any available, but Supernova up in British Columbia announced two upcoming litters. 登录 Facebook

Since the borders opened up, that might be a possibility for you.

·
Super Moderator
22,832 Posts
Janterra also just posted that they have a 6 month old puppy available: Available

Reactions: melbrod

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello and welcome,

I'm very sorry to hear about your boy.

Most reputable breeders have their puppies spoken for long before they even breed. I would suggest going to the DPCA and UDC websites under breeder referral list.

Best of luck
Thank you for your response. I have been through all the listed breeders on that site between a few different states. I'm hoping to hear something good back soon <3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Kelsey. Welcome. I am also from the Pacific NW. I am sorry for the loss of your boy.

I agree with what G_R posted ^^^^

Beyond that... We are fortunate to have many good breeders here in the PNW. If you use the Search Community feature at the top of the page, you can pull up a lot of discussions that involve NW Doberman breeders,

Our last 4 boys have been from Foxfire in Sunny Valley/Wolf Creek, OR. Foxfire has both a website and a Facebook presence. The website has not been updated in quite sometime, but the contact info is correct. Their Facebook page is current and has regular contributions.

Michelle Santana (Foxfire) is a well known, reputable Doberman breeder. She titles her dogs and performs all the necessary health testing of the Dams and Sires. Foxfire pups come to their new home cropped and docked with all the shots and vet care appropriate for their age.

My son's current Foxfire pup just turned 11 months old. We could not be happier with him.

One thing. Even in the best of times and under the best circumstances, getting the right Dobe pup can be a bit time consuming and even frustrating. Given that these are neither the best of times or circumstances, you may have to exercise some patience in you pursuit of a new Dobe puppy.

In any case, best to you in your search

John L.
Portland OR
I appreciate your insight. I have heard very good things about Foxfire and have sent a message off to them as well <3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you haven't already gone to the Doberman Pinscher Club of America site (dpca.org) and checked the breeder listing for Washington State you should do that--there are a number of excellent breeders listed around the Seattle area. Some are not actively breeding but worth contacting because the can often suggest breeders who aren't listed that may have litters in the planning stage.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your boy but you really have a number of good breeders around Seatlle.

dobebug
Yes I'm definitely grateful to be located in this area. Seems like there isn't a ton of current litter activity, and I'm also realizing how much less likely reds are produced. My heart is pretty set on having another red male.. Thank you for your feedback <3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What a beautiful lil girl!! Ugh, enjoy being able to scoop em up easily, it never lasts long enough <3 I will see what I can find out on them! Do you happen to know if they were black or red by chance??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts