Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so recently we started to use the prong more and more. I find that Bruno co-operates MUCH more with this on. He's still way to rowdy with just his collar.

However, I've noticed that he's losing the hair on his neck where the prong is? We don't have to pull very often. He walks pretty good with it around his neck. But the hair loss is making me wonder if it's the prong that's doing it. Or is his collar just rubbing it? We do take everything off while he's in the house (just recently started his collar since we noticed the balding).

Has this happened to anyone elses doggy?

·
Registered
986 Posts
LMB, Oscar has worn a prong a large part of the day for a long time with no such problem. But if a problem like you describe showed up, to start with i'd put the little rubber feet on the prongs and see if that helped any.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, where could I get the lil rubber things?

And Tracy. With Bruno's history. I wouldn't doubt that he probably is allergic to it lol. I'll have to look into that as well. Thanks ;)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I think I have seen the rubber tips at petsmart before awhile back. I don't know if they still carry them or not.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I will be sure to check these out.

I had mentioned it to my husband and he said that to him, it sounds like the rubber would pull more hair off??

I just don't want my poor Bruno to go bald on the neck lol.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I was going to Petsmart or

Pet Edge. I got this catalog the vetthat I worked for And I know they have them(800) PET EDGE or www.PetEdge.com. Hope these work.
DreamDoby said:
I think I have seen the rubber tips at petsmart before awhile back. I don't know if they still carry them or not.

·
Registered
100 Posts
When we used the prong collar we had a sleve made to go over it. Maybe try making one and see if that helps.. All you do is sew a long tube and slide the collar in.. Easy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts