Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fella is now 11 weeks old and he has loose skin on his head, neck, chin etc... . Will this tighten up as he gets older? I'm assuming he will grow into all that loose skin? His head even wrinkles when he is intent on something outside.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I decided to google “wet neck” and the first explanation was from the urban dictionary… I almost spit out my tea through my nose 😳 let’s just say it had nothing to do with sagging neck skin 🤣
I'm literally laughing so hard! I had to check it out and wow... I certainly hope I'm saying it right... esp now that I've read it 😂😂😂

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
This is bringing back my itch to Google things you should not Google. Never realized it meant something else besides in dogs. Puppy looks adorable BTW, our dachshund was like that too and she grew into almost all her wrinkles. They just look really cute until they do

·
Registered
87 Posts
HI. He is gorgeous.

It depends on the lines, some have more loose skin. Can you post a profile pic of him? Have you seen his parents? He will grow out of the wrinkles from his head but idk if he will have and extremely wet neck ( from what you had described), it isn't a big deal.

My two dobes are from SA lines. He has a bit of loose skin on his body compared to my female that I can even pinch her skin LOL, she is like a seal. They both have some wrinkles in the forehead, dont worry.

Head Dog Eye Dog breed Dobermann

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is bringing back my itch to Google things you should not Google. Never realized it meant something else besides in dogs. Puppy looks adorable BTW, our dachshund was like that too and she grew into almost all her wrinkles. They just look really cute until they do
I agree and his Sire has that look. He is much larger too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HI. He is gorgeous.

It depends on the lines, some have more loose skin. Can you post a profile pic of him? Have you seen his parents? He will grow out of the wrinkles from his head but idk if he will have and extremely wet neck ( from what you had described), it isn't a big deal.

My two dobes are from SA lines. He has a bit of loose skin on his body compared to my female that I can even pinch her skin LOL, she is like a seal. They both have some wrinkles in the forehead, dont worry.

View attachment 153137
Thank you! Yours are as well!!! Yes, I agree. Yes, I saw both parents and his Dad is large, muscular and looks like a European Doberman once I began to research and look at other puppies his age. Here is more of a recent picture of him. Not the best angle, but with a rowdy puppy it's tough. Lol!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts