Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our guy is 11 weeks today. If my husband and I take him for a walk together, he is so much more responsive and a pleasure with very little redirecting needed, nice loose leash walking. The three of us have a pleasant 15-20 minute walk around the block, visiting with people and other dogs. If it is just one of us it is a different experience completely! He'll stop, sit, watchful of every little distraction, then walk a little while nicely then, stop again to look around. He'll also try to playand jump, grabs the leash, turns around and stubbornly wants to head home. We both have the same experience alone. Does anyone have some experience with this? Suggestions?

·
You can't kill the metal
832 Posts
Sounds like a puppy to me!

What suggestions are you looking for exactly?

If he sits down stubbornly during walks, lure him with food or a toy to stay with you.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, we lure with treats, and reward for getting back to the walk. I was just wondering if others have this experience - a significant difference in his behavior- when walking alone vs a twosome. I've been using Pat Miller's book and a couple others and this wasn't addressed. It doesn't seem to make a difference who is controlling the leash when my husband and I go out with him together. Both of us comment something like "he wasn't nearly this good for me earlier". We were just curious, maybe he'll grow out of it.

·
You can't kill the metal
832 Posts
I've noticed Lexi walked differently when my girlfriend comes out with me. She would become less obedient. She's geteting better though.

She would also plop her butt down and not want to walk but she hasn't done that in a long time now.

Just keep working on him

1 - 4 of 4 Posts