Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a younger Cropped/Docked Younger Doberman. Located in Northwest Ohio. We would prefer under 2 years. We have been approved by 2 rescue organizations, but haven't found the right dog.(The cropped and docked seem to go fast) My wife is dead set on rescue, but I just want to find a good dog. If anyone knows of anything please let me know. Thanks

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Bless your wife for being dead set on a rescue. :) Rescues are the BEST!

The right dog will find you.................

Hugz to you and yours!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I check Petfinder daily. I know I am a little bit picky, but this is the dog I plan on spending 10 or so years with. I am working with Northcoast Doberman Rescue (Some of the dogs they currently have listed are adopted) - Hand Me Down Dobes. I am willing to travel a reasonable distance although I know some rescues require you to reside closer to them. We have lost out on 2 rescues recently and one breeder that had an 8 month that was returned to him, but we were to late. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I got my boy Huck from Southwest Ohio Doberman Rescue Adoptable Dogs and he is awesome! I could not have asked for a better boy. They are having their annual picnic this weekend....I think you could meet some adoptable dogs there.

SWODR 6th Annual Picnic, Eastfork Lake State Park, Raffles, Silent Auction, Split the Pot, and Grill Out, Group Photo and Raffles will be drawn at 4pm

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
Thank you for choosing rescue :D You could also check out FOREVER DOBES RESCUE which is located in Central Ohio FOREVER DOBES RESCUE They are a WONDERFUL rescue and I highly recommend them (if you look at their list of dogs that have already been adopted, Rocket Man Hansen, Hope and Willow were all DAN dogs that I fostered and/or transported to Forever Dobes from Georgia shelters- ALL of them were FNATASTIC dogs). I know its hard but try to be patient. If a rescue doesn't have the right dog for you right now, they will sooner than later. Unfortunately the number of Doberman's in need of rescue isn't getting any less. There are allot of Doberman's out there in need of an approved home just like yours :)

Just an FYI- if you do happen to contact Forever Dobes, just make them aware that you are an approved adopter and have been working with both North Coast and Hand Me Down Dobes. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
625 Posts
From IDR...

Bugsey - Male - 2.5 years old: Bugsey | Illinois Doberman Rescue

Isis - Female - 16 months: Isis | Illinois Doberman Rescue

Ziva - Female - 2.5 years (if I were looking now I really like her!): Ziva | Illinois Doberman Rescue

ETA: There is also Crystal (http://www.ildoberescue.com/featureddog/crystal/#more-14690) she just gave birth to 12 puppies so she won't be able to go to a new home for a bit yet, though (not sure how old she is, either). I really like her, too! I'm trying to be patient until my guy is at least two, though!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Illinois Doberman Rescue seams to have a lot of nice dogs, but 6 hours away. I would like to find something a little closer. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts