Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searching for a quality breeder that does all health testing for vWD, DCM, Hip and elbow Dysplasia, PRA, Hypothyroidism, Wobblers and DM. Cropped and docked. Has anyone had any experience in TX with Von Koepsel Luci Stubbs or Wyldwood Doberman's? Von Koepsel is from the DPCA breeder referral sight. Then one I found on accident when I was searching testing.... Always Faithful Doberman's in GA came up. I am looking for one that breeds for longevity too, sticking to breed standard, to improve the breed. Not seeking any over sized Dobermans either. LOL! I used to show dogs in confirmation and obedience. I haven't shown since the early 90's. No desire to pick it back up either. Health testing is a deal breaker for me with the Doberman breed. Thank you in advance for any advice. It will be greatly appreciated.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 7 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
5,718 Posts
Searching for a quality breeder that does all health testing for vWD, DCM, Hip and elbow Dysplasia, PRA, Hypothyroidism, Wobblers and DM. Cropped and docked. Has anyone had any experience in TX with Von Koepsel Luci Stubbs or Wyldwood Doberman's? Von Koepsel is from the DPCA breeder referral sight. ...
RhondaM, welcome to DT from San Antonio! Are you in Central Texas?
Our 9 mo. puppy Neo, is from Luci Stubbs- Von Koepsel's last litter in March '21. Neo was runt of an all red, 10 puppy litter. He his not a show dog, but has a show crop and will be used (hopefully) as a therapy dog with Pet Partners. I am not sure when she is planning her next litter? Luci is friend and co-breeder with Tina Marshall - Mariah Dobermans in Kyle, TX. They are co breeders of Sully, currently one of the top male Dobes in US.

Contact info is on FB pages (viewable for non-FB members):

Puppy Neo @ 9.5 Months

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Ear

Dog Dog supply Dog breed Carnivore Collar

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Those seem like two very different breeders. What makes you like them? What are you looking for? Always Faithful talks a good talk but I don't see updated health testing on the heart and I don't see them putting titles on their dogs. It also looks like at one point that were breeding Hung dobermans which was a puppy mill that was closed down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank
RhondaM, welcome to DT from San Antonio! Are you in Central Texas?
Our 9 mo. puppy Neo, is from Luci Stubbs- Von Koepsel's last litter in March '21. Neo was runt of an all red 10 puppy litter. He his not a show dog, but has a show crop and will be used (hopefully) as a therapy dog with Pet Partners. I am not sure when she is planning her next litter? Luci is friend and co-breeder with Tina Marshall - Mariah Dobermans in Kyle, TX. They are co breeders of Sully, currently one of the top male Dobes in US.

Contact info is on FB pages (viewable for non-FB members):

Puppy Neo @ 9.5 Months

View attachment 144279

View attachment 144280
Thank you! Neo is so handsome! Thanks for connecting the dots for me with Lucy and Tina. I have seen Luci's FB page and saw the post about Wyldwood, having an upcoming Sully litter. I filled out the puppy info on Wyldwoods and e-mailed it this afternoon. It sounds like they both do extensive health testing? I am closer to Katy, TX / Houston. TX, in the country.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those seem like two very different breeders. What makes you like them? What are you looking for? Always Faithful talks a good talk but I don't see updated health testing on the heart and I don't see them putting titles on their dogs. It also looks like at one point that were breeding Hung dobermans which was a puppy mill that was closed down.
Thank you! Just looking for a healthy companion. I just lost my rescue Belgian Malinoia dce
Thank you! I just lost my 13 year old spayed Belgian Malinois rescue suddenly last month. She chose her own time and it was unexpected. :'( She was the sweetest. Right now I am just trying to get my feelers out there for a new companion eventually. Heath testing though is critical to me in the Dobermann breed. I have a male neutered foster failure Belgian Malinois/ Shep mix that will be turning 10 soon and two foster failed Chihuahua's 11 and 12 going strong, spayed and neutered.

Thanks for catching that on the Always Faithful. I despise puppy millers and back yard breeders. I am not familiar with the Hung Mill dogs.It was the google search on what health test should be done that brought me to their sight. Looks more Euro sided too. Scratching them off the list. Ialso noticed later after posting, it looks like they have been breeding the same two females every other heat cycle.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Didn't he have a sister in Georgia who was also a Doberman breeder?

Reactions: Gretchen_Red

·
Registered
3 Posts
Searching for a quality breeder that does all health testing for vWD, DCM, Hip and elbow Dysplasia, PRA, Hypothyroidism, Wobblers and DM. Cropped and docked. Has anyone had any experience in TX with Von Koepsel Luci Stubbs or Wyldwood Doberman's? Von Koepsel is from the DPCA breeder referral sight. Then one I found on accident when I was searching testing.... Always Faithful Doberman's in GA came up. I am looking for one that breeds for longevity too, sticking to breed standard, to improve the breed. Not seeking any over sized Dobermans either. LOL! I used to show dogs in confirmation and obedience. I haven't shown since the early 90's. No desire to pick it back up either. Health testing is a deal breaker for me with the Doberman breed. Thank you in advance for any advice. It will be greatly appreciated.
Hi there! Just like Neo’s dad comment, I too used Luci Stubbs. My girl CJ is Neo’s sister and I must say, I really enjoyed working with Luci and her friend Tina for this litter! All the pups came out soo beautiful and while my girl isn’t set up for shows, I’ve had many people say that she is show quality. You won’t be disappointed with Luci!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts