Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 11weeks Hugo is an ultimate sweetheart and enormously energetic, so he knocks me down easily by phisical and mental exercise. haha He loves eating and running. He is calm and a bit shy, when he meets people.
Anyway........ Here goes some problems.

1. He bites me and my bf and tends to break everything at home, not does outside though. He was not like this when he just came. He has been doing since last week. We have tried to tell him No firmly, push him back gently or put him in his crate untill he gets calm. Verbal and phisical gestures never work and even make him more aggressive and excited. Putting him in his crate does work to make him sleep......... :confused: and when he gets out of the crate, he starts biting again. How do you do when it like this situation happens ?

2. He eats anything such as brenches, woods, grass, vinyl stuff and so on. He smells and tastes and then swallows ...... Have no idea where he learns it from. I tried to stop him, however again... nothing works.. I suppose that he doesn't think that we are his leader of the peck... something like this.. What can I do to make him stop doing what we dont want him to do.

3. He just started barking a lot when we are not either around him or at home. we should be with him to avoid the barking. The biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggest problem, we guess :roflmao:

I thesedays dont work for some reasons and stay with him almost 24/7. I take him to walk, not far but around home, due to his uncompleted vaccinations. I let him play on the grass without leashing him on sometimes. I don't really give him treats but praises when he does something good( Even in this moment, he tries to bite fingers..:sweat:) He sleeps enough, eats well and plays a lot with me or toys. I don't really train him now, reasons are.... he had stressed out due to some reasons which I dont know about causes, I just assume that he didnt get enough care and happened before I took him to my home, and thus had had skin issues such as dandruff and hairloss. But I do teach him Come and where he should defecate.

It might be too long and ordinary to read to you guys, however Im very serious and desperate. We love him so much much much. We're still smiling when we see him sleeping ( he has some unique postures, I wish I could show you some video that we took LOL) and playing doing somthing silly and funny. pep talks, advice and etc are welcome !

:thanx:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome to owning a dober shark!

He's just a baby and he will grow out of it but the best advice I can give you is REDIRECT, REDIRECT, REDIRECT and don't get frustrated. Remember he's little and that everything is new and exciting and tastey. You need to start training simple things now like a leave it command for when he goes after leaves, grass etc. His mind is like a sponge :) so you need to teach him what he's allowed to do and what he's not and also what's expected of him.

I promise the biting gets better. Diesel was horrible to the point there were some days i was crying and it looked like i was raising a tiger. Then around 4 months it just stopped remember that they are teething so get lots of chew toys for him.

Good luck! He's very cute.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
You both need to enroll in obedience training right now. It prevents lots of stuff from gettng started and it will give you a much better understanding of how to deal with him in a positive manner to achieve the results you desire. It is a journey but well worth it.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
When he has something he isn't suppose to what I did was redirect my lil to something he could have. I didn't even say anything when I took away the object. But I did say good boy when you took the object I gave him.

As for always having a go button on is because he isn't being worn out mentally or physically. Do you have baby friends with dogs his size that are all up to date on shots? I took my pup to the local grocery store and people that wanted to pet him I gave them treats to give to him. This is also where I taught him not to jump up on people.

Dogs do not think like people, whatever stressful situation he came from the way you describe how he acts seems like it isn't phasing him ay all. Seems like he's over it and just wants to have fun with you. I agree enroll into some puppy classes it will help with his socialization.

There are some people here that absolutely do not take their pups out until shots are done and there is also people that believe the window of opportunity to socialize closes quick and to wait for all their shots to be done is time wasted.

I took my pup everywhere, except places I knew were heavy dog traffic. I can't find it using my phone but on the forum there is a good list of things and places to socialize your pup to.

At 11 weeks I had already started mentally tiring out Odin by making him wait for his food and working with him and pitty training. Sit, lay down, shake. This breed is very intelligent and if they don't get the physical or mental exercise they will go buck wild.

Reactions: Go_Hugo
1 - 5 of 5 Posts