Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I’m a new member of DT and was hoping to get everyone’s advice for reputable breeders in Ontario, Québec or Up-State New York. I’m also looking for a puppy without cropped ears or tails - any guidance on whether breeders allow for their puppies to remain natural (even though their sites say that ears and tails will be cropped) would be greatly appreciated.

I’m currently in the Ottawa area and I was hoping to find a breeder who is somewhat closer but I’m also willing to drive out if need be.

Thank you in advance :)

I’d like to note that I will be steering clear from Monaco Dobermans and RM Dobermans. I did have a chat over text with Molly herself earlier this year and she was ready to give me a puppy from her next breeding cycle without asking for information about me which I thought were major red flags.

· Super Moderator
23,802 Posts
This is a recent thread on Ontario breeders: Ontario Showline breeders help!

I think it will be challenging to find a breeder to leave both natural ears AND tail...ears are becoming a little easier, but even the breeders who are willing to leave a natural ear are still typically docking tails. It's more common to find all natural Dobermans in working lines than in show lines, but of course, those are typically Dobermans that are more intense, with more drive and need to be worked.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a recent thread on Ontario breeders: Ontario Showline breeders help!

I think it will be challenging to find a breeder to leave both natural ears AND tail...ears are becoming a little easier, but even the breeders who are willing to leave a natural ear are still typically docking tails. It's more common to find all natural Dobermans in working lines than in show lines, but of course, those are typically Dobermans that are more intense, with more drive and need to be worked.
Thank you! I know the tails need to be docked when they’re younger so I understand where the breeders are coming from too. I just love the natural look but if I can get my hands on a pup with good health, that’s the most important.
I learned that the UK doesn’t crop or dock so I’ll keep my options open for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.