Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking for a Doberman breeder in Florida, preferably close to Miami but this isn't a deal breaker. I am looking a pup under 4 months old. I found this great website forum by just looking into buying a Doberman and saw the huge amount of information here. No plans to show, but would like ears cropped, and a dog that would be a good companion on runs. Thank you for your time and advice.

Reactions: Sinister

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
21,300 Posts
If you are interested in a running buddy, why not check out some adult Dobermans in rescue? There are tons of great adult dogs that would be ready to go with you right away.

If rescue isn't the route you want to go, be sure and select a reputable breeder.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
My advice to you is: Inform yourself, and ask LOTS of questions from the breeder! I got my first puppy from one of the DPCA breeders recommended to you, and was sold a dog that was bred (knowingly) to be vWD affected, without being told about it.

Don't be shy (like I was) and ask to SEE proof of health testing, no matter what you're told. It's very difficult (emotionally and financially) to have a dog with serious health problems, and you can't buy insurance for them because of their pre-existing condition.

Whatever you decide (rescue vs. breeder) I wish you the best! Welcome to DT!!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts