Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a puppy or rehome. Not a show dog, as we live on a farm. Rather a companion dog that can adapt to life with other dogs and livestock. This will be my 6th Dobbie. Any suggestions for a local breeder in Southern IL? Thanks in advance. I am grateful for the advice given, as Missouri is a close option for us. After reading the threads, I am not about to venture into MO for a dog due to lack of health testing, etc.

·
Big Lil pup
6,119 Posts
Hi Ginger. And welcome from the Pacific NW. I can't help you with breeders in your neck of the woods, but Would liker to wish you success in finding a new addition to your home!

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,825 Posts
Hi! Welcome to DT from Colorado!

I guess I'm not much help either, but I can at least wish you success too.

·
Super Moderator
21,129 Posts
Old Drum is a good breeder in Missouri, and would have good contacts for you if she isn't planning a litter. In Illinois, MOA and Rahdy off the top of my head, for sure there are more. Michigan has Melrae and Gorrmae off the top of my head, Wisconsin has A-list, Abadie, Dillon, Element, off the top of my head...

·
joie de vivre
11,197 Posts
I'm not sure what you've read or heard that makes you think no one health tests dogs in Missouri. We have several very nice, reputable breeders in Missouri.

As MeadowCat mentioned, I would reach out to Ali Doughty, Old Drum Dobermans. You might also check with Angie Tucker, Zane Dobermans, and Kevin and Lesley Crider, K-Ley Dobermans.

I don't know of any breeders off the top of my head who are specifically located in southern Illinois. Hopefully others will chime in with more information.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks, @brw1982! My Beau is a K-Ley Doberman and I was pleased that Kevin and Lesley sent me health test results during initial email exchange. I think they have a few of the Jul 24 litter and some new pups on the ground, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts